Chapter V: Moonlight Festivities

~third person POV~

Footsteps echoed through the town as a mysterious trenchcoat-clad man walked down the street wearing a wide-brimmed cowboy style hat with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. He stopped in his tracks and smirked.

~At Cross Academy~

Headmaster Cross handed matching bracelets to his daughters and a dagger to Zero. Yumi and Yuki donned their bracelets as Zero cut his hand enough to draw blood. He then let a few drops fall onto the charm of each bracelet.

"It's an ancient spell, a method that the hunters have been using for centuries to tame an unruly vampire. The bracelets I gave to the girls work in conjunction with this crest", the headmaster explained as he raised Yuki's wrist towards Zero's tattoo.

Once the bracelet made contact with the tattoo, a flash of red enveloped the room and Zero was pinned to the floor.

"Babe!/Zero.", both girls said at the same time.

"Oh don't worry he's perfectly fine. Yuki simply immobilized him for a bit", the headmaster said cheerfully. "Girls, if Zero tries to bite anyone ever again, please use those bracelets to stop him."

"We will, Dad", Yumi said.

"Kaname has allowed Zero to stay in the day class but only on this and one more condition."

"Which is?"

"You get transferred into the day class to help keep an eye on him."

"Kaname said that?", asked both girls.

"Since his dearest Yuki and friend Yumi made the request, Kaname just couldn't say 'no'", answered the Headmaster. 

The headmaster knelt down to Zero, apologizing for the method that would be used, handing him blood tablets and then playfully offering his own blood. Zero, in turn,  pummelled the headmaster and threw him against the wall as Yumi deadpanned and Yuki winced.

"My vampire boyfriend, ladies and gentlemen", Yumi said flatly. "He's  charming, an avid marksman,  loves my cooking but a complete baka."

"Shut up", Zero grumbled as he walked past her.

 "Zero!", Yuki called out. "I'm sure she didn't mean it like that."

"It's alright", Zero said. "This is just fine."

Zero left the room without saying another word.

"It's not alright", the headmaster groaned in pain.

"Whachu talkin bout, Dad?", Yumi said.

"You gotta make sure Zero stays in line. Or else that man will..."

"What man?", Yuki asked.

The Headmaster passed out.

"Answer the question, Dad!", Yumi said in an irritated tone.