Chapter IX: Crimson Gaze

~ Yumi's POV~

I stood with Yuki and the others trying to keep the day class students at bay. I noticed that Yuki was zoning out again.

"Hey, snap out of it, will ya?", Zero asked nonchalantly.

"Sorry", Yuki said before screaming due to being bulldozed by day class students.

"Get back!", I shouted as I pushed them back.

"Is it just me or are they like ten times as excited than usual?", Matsuki asked.

"It's that stupid event that's got them like this", Zero retorted. "When that gate opens, make sure you're ready."

"Yes sir!", We saluted.

As if on cue, the gates opened and we began pushing everyone back.

"Just a little closer", whispered a student as she squeezed past me.

"One more step and I'll make you cry", I warned.

"Listen to the lady or else, you'll answer to me", Zero sneered. "Got it?"

"So Zero... About the event..."

"What about it?"

I blushed.

"I mean it's not like I wanna go or anything, but I just think it'd suck less if... We went together?", I asked.

"What kind of question is that?", Zero scoffed. "We're already dating, it's obvious we'd go together."

"I-idiot."

"Awww! Yumi's so cute when she blushes!", A student squeals.

"And Zero's not so scary after all", said another student.

"Hey!", Zero shouted as he slung an arm around me, "You shouldn't give us so much trouble."

Yuki blew her whistle and was steamrolled by another crowd of students.

"Matsu-kun, help me!!", She cried.

"I'm coming Babe!", Matsuki shouted as he ran after the crowd.

"And there goes Matsu", Zero deadpanned.

~ time skip to later that night brought to you by Yuki having tea with Rin Tohsaka~

~ Yuki's POV~

I stood in front of the headmaster with Yumi while the boys were patrolling.

"Girls, are you upset that I let Zero go on that assignment that other day?", He asked.

"Kinda", Yumi replied.

"Zero was born a hunter, Yumi. Which means a job was bound to come to him one day."

"But that doesn't mean he can't go alone!"

Father chuckled and placed a bottle of red liquid on the desk.

"Yumi drink this, you've been skipping your vitamins lately", he stated plainly.

Yumi did a she was told.

"You mean it was his duty!?", I asked.

"In order for Zero to live as a human, yes", Headmaster replied. "Just like how it is your sister's duty to take the vitamins I give her from the Hunter's association. Regardless, I have a request."

"What is it Dad?", Yumi asked.

"We have a transfer student, I'd like you girls to show her around."

"Another transfer student?", I asked.

"Yes, she was scheduled to start much earlier but she has a weak constitution. So she's been recuperating in her Villa, somewhere deep in the mountains", Headmaster explained.