Day 2- A deceased person you wish you could talk to

• İtfaf edildi Grandpa

Dear Grandpa,

I'm not really sure how this letter is going to go. I don't really remember you very much and I'm sorry for that. I only have one image of you in my mind, but that is definitely not anything that you should be compared to.

I'm not going to lie, I have always wanted to talk to you. I suppose, maybe, I have talked to you before, but I was only 3 when you passed away, so for me, it doesn't really count. Sorry.

Before I forget, yes, I keep meaning to read your book. In fact, as you may have noticed, over the past few years, I've tried several times to read it. It's very sophisticated, though. I know you love engineering, but if it is constantly using words like that, it's probably not the right path for me. Even Dad admitted it's a piece of work and you know how Dad is with books. Don't regret the way you wrote it, though. If you wrote it that way, I trust that that is the best way for it to be written and I promise that each year, I will try to read it until I can understand it.

I have to admit, I'm extremely jealous of my brothers. Whenever you come up in a conversation, their eyes light up as they talk about going fiddler crab chasing with you on the beach and hanging out with you inside when it was raining outside. I also feel bad for them too, because they remember when you died and I have no memory of that at all.

Grandma also still misses you. She has pictures of you all over the house. Please watch over her, okay? Her memory is getting worse, so if she ever gets extremely lost, nudge her in the right direction.

Really, what this letter is about is me regretting that I've never had a conversation with you that I can remember. I love you, though, even if I don't have very many memories of you.

Lots of love,

Trin

P.S. This letter is only meant for you, but could you do me a favor? Tell my mom's parents that we miss them terribly. Especially Mom.