The Strategist

CHAPTER TWO: THE STRATEGIST

"Alright is everybody ready?" Izuku asked with great enthusiasm. The group of criminals looked at him like he was crazy. They were about to rob a bank, not go to an amusement park. This kid was not at all what they expected.

Word had been spreading through the underground of an individual with a certain skill set. Villains have been hiring him to analyze the weaknesses of certain heroes and provide strategic planning for various crimes they wanted to commit.

He was apparently some kind of genius that worked for the highest bidder. No one knew his real name, but he went by an alias called Apotheosis. A green eyed, green haired boy, dressed in a white hoodie, dark gray pants, boots, black leather gloves, and a black scarf around the lower half of his face to hide his more distinguishable features.

The kid always seemed to have a sunny disposition with a bit of an awkward stutter. The criminals weren't one to complain though, he did good work.

"Alright...um...I don't know what else to say," Izuku chuckled, rubbing his head awkwardly. "G-Good luck everyone."

"Whatever kid," one of the masked thugs rolled his eyes. "This plan of yours better work."

"It will." Izuku said with complete confidence. He already helped three criminal groups knock over six different banks, this next one will be child's play.

The men exited the black van while the green haired boy stayed behind. He sat on a small office chair with a portable computer on his lap, which he paid for from one of his previous gigs.

From the screen he received live footage of the inside of the bank. Izuku had hacked into the security systems and ran a virus that he created called the Phantom Program. It took over the footage in all the cameras, looped whatever recording he wanted and blocked the current feed. So in other words the thugs that hired him were completely invisible as they broke into the closed bank. The silent alarm was also deactivated.

"This is going very well." He mumbled into his head set while he watched them break open the vault.

One of them had a magnetic quirk that allowed them to manipulate the tumblers and locks in the doors to open anything. Very handy for a bank robbery.

Thirty minutes later they had all the money bagged and ready to be taken to the van. Izuku took a sip of his coffee, he timed everything perfectly, down to the last detail. Even this next part.

"Stop right there!" The thugs froze when they heard a voice shout from the open entrance of the bank.

"Dammit! A hero!" One of them growled. Standing out in the darkness was a relatively new hero, by at least two years, called Flare. A hero with a quirk that covered his hands in fire and allowed him to throw balls of flames, which were small, but fast.

"As I planned." Izuku said through the headset.

"You knew he would show up!?" The third criminal yelled into the mic.

"Of course." Izuku had planned exactly for this. He knew that this area was a sort of nexus point where heroes frequently patrol. He analyzed their patrol patterns and picked this night specifically, so that this particular hero would be here rather than any of the others.

"You little brat!" Another thug shouted through the mic. They pointed their guns at Flare just as the hero was about to launch some fire balls at them.

"Fire detected in the vicinity of the bank." Izuku said smoothly while pushing a button on his keyboard. The fire sprinklers suddenly activated, dousing the entire building in water and causing the hero's fire to fizzle out. With his abilities completely neutralized, one of the accomplices used his low level speed quirk to run up and knock Flare upside the head with his gun, rendering him unconscious.