The Suspect

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE SUSPECT

Allmight stared out the window from his spot on the hospital bed. Going over everything that happened in his fight against All for One the other day. He defeated the villain, but in turn he found out that Tomura Shigaraki is Nana Shimura's grandson. To top it all off the league escaped and All for One revealed that Apotheosis has some big plan in the works.

It was a good thing he decided to conserve his strength. Otherwise he might have been in trouble or worse the public could have seen his true form. Luckily none of things happened and he walked away from that fight with some broken bones and a concussion. However he pushed his power past the limit once again and now his time frame was reduced even more. He figured he probably had half an hour at most in his strong form.

The whole incident hammered in the fact that he still needed to find a successor to pass on the power of One for All. There were some candidates, but the ones in class 1-A that Toshinori was interested in were too young and inexperienced. None of them had the heart of a true hero that he was looking for. So he started looking outside of that class to the third years.

"Moping about Allmight?" Shota Aizawa said interrupting his thoughts. "That's out of character for you."

"And being concerned for me is out of character for you," Toshinori said turning to face his fellow teacher who entered the room. "So how was your day?" He asked finally noticing the other was dressed in a white shirt, tie, and actually looked clean cut for once.

"Going home to home to tell parents about the new dorms we're moving the students into, by myself," The man sighed in exhaustion letting his hair fall down. "How do you think it went?"

"Guess I owe you a drink", Allmight chuckled.

| THE NEXT DAY |

Izuku smirked as he watched the fight on his dorm room computer. He mostly just wanted to see All for One's power. Tomura liked to brag about how strong Sensei was, but he had never seen it until now that is.

'So this is what you get with the power to steal any quirk you want?' He mused as he poured notes on everything he learned from the video into his book. 'What a great and dangerous ability', Izuku hat to wonder about the power of All for One though. With the ability to steal quirks, why didn't he just take Allmight's quirk? Perhaps he needed to be in direct physical contact for a period of time and of course the hero is not going to sit back and let that happen when he can Texas Smash him if he tries. His phone suddenly rang stopping his research. Looking down at the screen he spotted Kurogiri's number.

"Hello", Izuku answered.

"Did you know?", that wasn't Kurogiri's voice. It sounded like a dangerously calm Shigaraki.

"Tomura-san?" He asked.

"Did…you…know?" the pale haired man on the other end said slowly.

"Know what? You need to be specific," Izuku wasn't expecting a call like this.

"Did you know what would happen?" Ah so that's what he wanted. "You're the god damn strategist. You always seem to know how things will play out", he growled at him. "Did you know how all this would go? Did you know that Allmight would come? That Sensei would be defeated and captured!? DID YOU!?" Tomura screamed at him. Izuku frowned wondering if he should tell the truth or not.

"To be honest I didn't expect a raid on our base so quickly," he lied smoothly.

"And where were you?"

"I was in my lab working when I heard a noise outside. I poked my head out and saw the heroes attacking the Nomu Factory. I figured the same must have been happening at the bar," Izuku continued to spin his story. "While I was frantically deleting computer files and burning evidence Sensei appeared, told me to flee and promised to erase my lab," Now that part was true. The secret to lying was always sprinkle in a bit of truth. "So don't go assuming I left you all behind to your fate," Tomura remained silent for a moment before speaking.