Chapter 5

After school, I drove to Starbucks. Rachel, my future boss, well that is if I get the job, told me to come in ASAP, so I decided today. I still had Louis on my mind. Look don't punch me, I know I keep bringing him up, but I can't help it. That conversation at the diner just kept replaying in my head. He absolutely fucking hates my guts, because I was attracted to guys? Why? I felt like there was something else. Something else that made him feel like he had to inflict pain on me. Well I wasn't gonna take it anymore. I'll just ignore him. Sure he's still in my philosophy class, but I can totally ignore him and not stare at him.

God dammit, Harry why did you have to stare at him. Maybe I just keep looking at him to see if he's real. To make sure he's actually in the same school and same class as me. I hadn't seen him in almost five years and them BOOM there he is, in the flesh. But I'm not gonna take anymore of his shit. I am a college student. The only thing I need to focus on is school and this job, if I get it.

I entered Starbucks and, of course there's two-hundred white girls around me. Ugh I remember when my dad used to force me to go to Starbucks with him so he could work on stuff from his job. Starbucks was only filled with middle-aged people and old men. Now its flooded with crazy teenage girls. I stood in the middle of the room looking around wondering what I should do or where I should go. Eleanor wasn't behind the counter today. It was this guy who I don't think I've seen. He had his back turned making a drink for a customer. Just when I was about to talk to him, a woman with blonde curly hair and pretty brown eyes came out from the employee only door.

"Ahh, you must be Harry" she said.

"Yes and you are?"

"I'm Rachel."

"Oh, hi!"

"Hello" she smiled. "Let's go to the back so we can start this interview."

I nodded and followed her through the door. We sat down at this little table with two chairs. Rachel took a seat and folded her arms on the table, flashing me a smile.

"So, Harry" she started.

"So, Rachel" I smile at her.

"I see that you worked at a bakery when you were sixteen."

"Yep. I worked behind the counter as the cashier, I worked in the back handling and baking the food, and I also stocked shelves and cleaned."

"Well that's very nice, Harry"

I nodded happily in response/

"Now I'm not gonna drag this out, there's not much to do here except take orders, make drinks, and clean. We already have two employees that work the front so most days, you'll be cleaning and stocking with Sal. Now if my two front employees can't work that day then you or Sal with work the front and if they're both gone you and Sal will work the front counters together and I'll call in two employees that can take your positions. It's really not that difficult and you're very cute and from seeing your various parts at the bakery I think it'll be right to hire you."

"Wow, really?" I asked.

"Yes, trust me hun working in a bakery is a lot harder than working here so I think you'll fit in perfect. Plus we're kinda desperate to find someone."

"Okay, well thank you so much."

"No problem, sweetie. Thursday will be your first day. You'll work from five to eleven, that's when we close up shop. Sal will help you and show you around the back and either Eleanor or Tommo will show you how to handle the counters."

"Alright thank you so much, Rachel. I will be here tomorrow at five."

"That's great and remember if need anything or have any questions, don't be afraid to ask one of our employees. Oh, let me introduce you to our frontman, Tommo" Rachel said standing up.