Chapter 31

*Harry's POV*

I drove with a slight smile on my face. I love Louis. I love Louis. I love Louis. I fucking love Louis with all my heart. I'm going to get the man I love if it's the last thing I do. I pressed the gas pedal harder, now going sixty in a thirty-five mile zone, but I didn't care. I drove across the bridge. My smile grew bigger knowing that the bridge was a sign I was super close to campus.

I looked out the window seeing a black figure on top of the bridge wall. I immediately pressed the brake causing me to swerve a little, but I straightened the wheel out. I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out my car.

"Sir, please don't do this! Come off the wall!" I yelled, running to the figure.

The man turned slowly revealing a pair of icy blue eyes filled with fear. My heart stopped. "L-Louis?"

He didn't answer me. He just stared gobsmacked.

"Louis! Get down! What the hell are you doing?!" I screamed with huge eyes.

"What does it look like, Harold" he laughed darkly.

"What?" I asked frightened.

"Harry...I'm gonna kill myself."

"No! Why?!"

"I don't deserve you, Harry. I hurt you. I'm a fuck up and all I do is hurt people. I don't deserve to be with you. I do everything wrong."

"N-no, Louis! I forgive you! Get down right now please!" I yelled frantically.

"No, you're only saying that to make me not jump. I hurt you and you shouldn't forgive me."

"LOUIS!" a voice called.

Louis and I turned to see Niall, Zayn, Liam and Josh rushing over to us. What are they doing here?

"What are you lads doing here?" Louis asked.

"You ran out on me and I called Niall and he was already with Zayn in his dorm. I called Josh and he was already on his way over. We went out looking for you. Now what the bloody hell are you doing?! Get down!" Liam said.

Louis shook his head. "No."

"Loubaby, please don't do this. I know you hurt me, but I forgive you. Baby, I always will forgive you. It was just a little kiss" I said.

"DON'T FUCKING FORGIVE ME! EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP FORGIVING ME! ALL I DO IS MESS UP! I ALWAYS HURT AND LET DOWN THE PEOPLE I LOVE! I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON!" he screamed, his high voice so ragged and cracking so much.

"I LOVE YOU!" I yelled back. "LOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!"

"DON'T LOVE ME! I DON'T DESERVE YOUR LOVE!"

LOUIS, DON'T DO THIS! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I'M SORRY, BUT I FORGIVE YOU AND I ALWAYS WILL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

Louis sighed. "All I do is hurt you. I don't want your forgiveness and I definitely don't want your love. You just need to move on and forget about me. Find someone who doesn't hurt you, Harry. I'm sorry I'm not good enough. I'm sorry I kissed Max and I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I bullied you. I'm sorry for everything I did" he whimpered.

"Louis, please let's just talk. You don't have to kill yourself. We can just go back to my flat and talk it out" I tried. I had to be calm with him because freaking out like this just won't make the situation any better.

"No, Harry I don't wanna talk. I don't wanna hear how much you love me cause you shouldn't. I don't wanna hear your forgiveness cause I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything. I'm a horrible person who deserves horrible things" he shook his head violently in protest.

I glanced at Niall and the others who are standing there with wide eyes. Liam's pacing back and forth on the phone with someone. I see Louis shift around and that snaps me back to him. "Louis you're not a horrible person and you don't deserve horrible things. People make mistakes all the time, but we learn from them. Killing yourself isn't learning from them, its taking the easy way out."

Even though it was raining, I could see tears streaming down Louis' cheeks.  He was shaking fiercely and his teeth were chattering. "Loubaby, you're freezing. Come down. Let's go back to my flat so we can talk" I said.

Louis shook his head. "No. I told you I don't wanna talk. I just wanna die. I do everything wrong, but there's one thing I didn't do wrong."

I raised my eyebrows curiously.

"Loving you" he said while taking a tiny step back.

"Louis-fuck! Don't do this please!" I screamed.

"Louis, no!" Niall yelled.

"Horrible people deserve horrible things" Louis repeated, almost robotically. Its like he's had that engraved in his body.

"You're not a horrible person. God dammit! You're fucking perfect! I love you!" I said.

"I HURT YOU! I PROMISED I WOULDN'T!" he yelled.

"I HURT YOU TOO!"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANNA HURT YOU ANYMORE!"

"THEN DON'T! Louis, I swear to God if you jump you'll really hurt me."

Louis' angered expression relaxed. "But-"

"But nothing! I love you! You can't leave me! Not like this! If you jump, you'll really hurt me. And you don't wanna do that."

Louis' eyes softened. "I don't."

"Then don't! Get down please, baby. It's okay. We'll get through this. You promised we would get through whatever problems we faced together."

Louis nodded. "I did" he whimpered.

"Good, now get down."

"But I caused those problems. I fucked up and I hurt you. You said it yourself, I let you down just like I did my grandma. All I do cause problems. Well now, no one has to worry about that." Louis took another step back.

"LOUIS NO!"

"Goodbye, Harry."

"NO!"

Louis turned his back to me and looked down. "I love you" he whispered so softly it was barely audible.

After those words left his mouth, he jumped. He was no longer there on the edge. He was gone.