Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Aspen

We returned from our little getaway about three days ago. I got Cameron to agree to have dinner with my parents and I because they were so desperate to meet him. I was a little nervous about them meeting him and what they would actually think of him but he carries himself pretty well and I love that about him. Cameron had been spoiling me so much that I didn't even want to go back to work.

"What you got on your mind?" Cameron asked as I laid underneath him on my couch.

"I'm just a little nervous and excited about you meeting my parents tonight. It seems so soon but I want to get it out the way because my dad is convinced that no other person I date will be better than Greyson." I told Cameron.

"You can't be sweating the small stuff Aspen. You were with him for a while and that's what they're use to and comfortable with. I'm not worried about it. If I gotta work harder to prove myself then so be it. I know what I want." 

"Well just be ready to get interrogated because I know the questions are definitely going to come." I said laughing.

"It comes with the territory, I'm ready." 

"You are so different from what I'm used to...just everything. You are really a man about his business and I don't know that I'm use to that."

"I don't usually trust people off top either. I don't let my guard down really because of the shit I do...you can't really do that even if it's with someone you that you're feeling. This does feel different even though it hasn't been long." 

"I don't come off as not being trustworthy do I?" I asked.

He smiled. "Nah, I can tell that you're genuine. I'm just saying that I've come across females that claim to be certain things and it's been crazy."

"Well, I'm excited about tonight."

Cameron leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips. I love the feeling that he gives me, it's almost indescribable.

*

Cameron opened the door for me to help me out of the car so we could head inside of my parents home where we would be eating dinner. 

I walked to the front and unlocked the front door and we walked in. 

"Mom, we're here." I yelled.