Chapter 14 - Hatred Mirror

The rays of sun fell right at my eyes, as I reluctantly opened my eyes. I was on the bed? I remember crying myself to sleep on the floor, how did I appear on the bed?

I looked to my right for signs of Hamilton, but the other side of the bed seemed neat and unused. The shudders of the fight the night before still ran through my body, awakening my nerves. I was worth a green card.

My head swarmed with confusion. When I saw Hamilton next, what was I supposed to see? The Hamilton, billionaire, heir to the Hamilton aka the devil to stole my chances to happiness, or the seven year old abandoned boy with a brokenarm and a broken heart.

Had someone told me I would be facing these jaded issues in my life a month ago, I would have laughed at their faces. Me? The awkward girl with one solo friend, Me? The girl with no boyfriends, Me? Whose life’s drama is in negative scale?

With a deep sigh, I pushed off the blanket, and blocked these thoughts off my brain. They were a spiral circle of never ending questions, and I was more likely to end up in a mental asylum before I found answers to them. Right now I had to focus on helping the Margret make the breakfast.

Getting off the bed, I tried to even out the big notes in my hair, running my fingers through them. Tying them in a messy bun on the top of my head, I silently prayed that it stayed.

Long hair problem #23045, buns don’t stay on the top of your head, they are likely to come tumbling down after you walk approximately 2.5 steps.

And the prediction as always came true. But this time it came tumbling down at the second step. Walking towards the bathroom, I took a mental vow to cut this stupid hair the next chance I get. When a very large and drunk Hamilton made his way into the room. Crashing into every object around, with eyes blood shot and swollen. His once yellow shirt was now covered in mud and other stains. I tried not imaging where they came from. His silky smooth hair tousled hay-way. His over 200 pound of muscles, lacking any kind of control.

And then I did the mistake of looking into his eyes. Those angry, bloody eyes. While they would have passed as angry to any other out looker, I could see the sadness, those eyes hid behind the curtain of anger. The soulful sadness that captivated me.

I moved towards him, wanting to tear away the big bad Hamilton down until I found that young boy, that young boy who needed to be loved. That young boy with sad eyes.

Moving close to him, I waited there, waited for him to bend down, so I could reach him. But the closer I got, the more stiff and erect he got. As though wanting to give me the hint to go away. A slow smile crept on my face, this was the Hamilton I knew.

Not willing to give up, I tip-toed and pressed my palm on his face. Looking at him, I let my eyes say everything I couldn’t. Everything, I did not have the courage to say. Looking down at me, he saw me. Really saw me.

Letting out an animalistic groan, he closed his eyes. For a split second I thought some how I was hurting him. Right when I was about to snatch my hand back, he took his own palm to press over mine and began moving his face. I felt his stubble, scratching my palm. Not knowing what else to do, I began moving my own fingers next to his cheeks.

But almost immediately his eyes flew open, filled with fury. His death glare made me want to run away. The dynamic changes in the emotions flying through the room, were to fast for me to upkeep with.

You need to stay strong Rose, Don’t let him push you way

Once again I gave my heart some courage, and firmly places my palm over his face. His palm which moments ago was trying to hold on to me, now furiously pushed my arm way.

“Stay the fuck away from me!” his voice boomed, but I did not miss the hint of plead in it.

The helpless plead, that he really wanted me to stay away from him. It was not in a moment of anger he said that. Did he really hate me so much? Did he really need to get away from me so bad?

Yet again, Mr. Hamilton managed to hurt me. But I wouldn’t back down so easily. I promised myself.

“I will not! What would you do!” I marveled at my audacity.  I couldn’t help but feel a little proud at myself. But the moment of pride was sort lived, as I suddenly felt death gripping force pull me up by my shoulder.

I looked up to see murderous rage on that drunken face. He did not know what he was doing. Fear gripped me. But I knew he wouldn’t hurt me. I was afraid for him, for us. I didn’t know why I cared about ‘us’ but I did.

Call it some clique feminine force to nurture and mend things, I wanted to put him back together. I knew I was equal to a green card to him, but hating myself for feeling this way, I wanted to help him.

“Leave me the fuck alone!” his voice roared, and then he pushed my body which was hanging 1 feet above the ground backwards letting me crash into something.

The next thing, I knew was blood oozing from my head, and millions of pieces of mirror all around. It was as though I shone.  

It hurts

Was it my heart or my body I was talking about?

Those were my last thoughts before, I lost the battle against my pain and blackness took over my eyes.

************************************************************************************************