Chapter 15 - Like Father, Like Son

Chapter 15 -  Like Father, Like Son

Voices swarmed my head. I wanted them to stop. They seem to be killing whatever brains cells were left in my head. Desperately, I tried opening my eyes, to see what was happening. But it was too bright.  I shut them again.

The attempt to open my eyes wasn’t taken too kindly by my forehead, and for some reason it began to hurt.

It hurts

I thought. Almost immediately all the memories came flooding back to me. Instinctively, my eyes sprang open.

It hurts

The memory of me crashing into the tall standing mirror came back to me. The memory of the drunk monster who hurt me came back to me. I bit my lips, hard and harder until I could taste blood. Blinking numerous times to suck back my tears.

Was he around me?

My eyes focused on the oak planks on the roof of the room, slowly I turned my head to see where the voices where coming from. I needed them to stop!

“Darling, how are you feeling now?” a feminine voice cooed over me. I let my eyes form focus on it, I knew this lady. Squinting my eyes, I tried to have a closer look at her, trying hard to tap my memories.

Margret!

This was Margret.

“Darling, just lay back” she got up adjusting my pillow, “No dear, don’t stress your eyes, you have had a accident, stay calm, its just slight concussion”

“Excuse Me Miss” a new deep voice interrupted her, still baffled I looked for the source of this new voice. “I would appreciate if you let me handle my patient”

The voice belonged to a short, plump man I was certain I had never seen. His thick white mustache engulfed almost his entire face, letting just the experienced and serious eyes pass through. His potbelly, covered in sports attire.

Who is this? And why does he look like he has been snatched up from a golf course?

“You have a slight concussion, and a few open wounds even though some of them are deep, so you need to take care. You must have fallen into a mirror while sleeping, and passed out from the effect. I have bandaged your wounds, including a old one on the back of your leg. You should be good to go within 2-3 days” he looked at me, while his eyes suddenly softened. Then his pupils snapped back to someone behind me and he continues, “But I am sure this ‘injury’ was good enough to kidnap doctors off golf courses” Sarcasm dripped from his tone and attitude. While he might have been short, and small, I could see the defiant spirit in him, he was clearly not afraid of anyone. 

“You will live” pausing for a second, “Mrs. Hamilton”