9

namjoon watched jungkook dance happily with jimin from his table, a can of beer in hand. he wasn't much of a drinker, he even if he tried. the taste of alcohol just didn't suit his preference.

hoseok was off somewhere else, most likely having drunk sex inside the bathroom judging from the tent in his pants earlier when he bumped into namjoon a little breathless. yoongi on the other hand, was sitting beside namjoon casually sipping the glass of fruit punch. "you look like a very jealous boyfriend" yoongi comments.

namjoon is caught by surprise at then comment and chokes a little. "i don't think so" he tries to sound nonchalant. eyeing jungkook from a few meters away, who's in the middle of the dance floor in jimins arms.
how drunk is he? namjoon thinks to himself.

"i'd be jealous if i were you, though." yoongi chuckles, chugging the last sips of liquid. namjoon just shakes his head in dismissal and takes his phone out his pocket.

_namj00nkim:
Gguk, what the fuck

_namj00nkim:
Come to my table right now

_namj00nkim:
Answer my text

[ 1 missed call from _namj00nkim! ]

_namj00nkim:
Uhg alright I guess I'll take you myself

namjoon denied that he was so called jealous, because there was nothing to be jealous about. him and jungkook barely know each other and they're more like acquaintance rather than friends. there's just an uneasy feeling rumbling at the pit of his stomach seeing jimin feel up jungkook like that for everyone to see. to say the very least, namjoon can tell he doesn't like jimin.

walking through the crowd of people was the most uncomfortable thing, being pressed against sweaty bodies that reeked the heavy stench of alcohol and cheap perfume.

from this distance, namjoon could see jungkook and jimin very clearly. the pair on the dance floor had their foreheads pressing against one another, staring at each other with a playful glare. the sight made namjoon's stomach clench, so he starts walking faster.

he comes up to them as if on cue, when their lips were about to touch. jimin looks rather displeased, from namjoon intruding their moment.

"come with me." namjoon says, to no one in particular because he knows jungkook can't hear him through the loud blasting of music. he takes jungkooks wrists in his hands, and the younger looks at him, quite startled.

jimin doesn't put up much of a fight, when he meets namjoons gaze. maybe because namjoon looked far too intimidating for jimin to even try to mess with. maybe because namjoons eyes are dark as if they were going to turn him to stone.

namjoon wasn't jealous, he was being protective.

as namjoon drags the boy behind him, he hears a handful of giggles. "what's funny gguk?" he asks out of curiosity.

"i kind of got scared" jungkook yells over the music, "i thought you were going to punch him!" he chirps, as if the news was something to be excited about.

namjoon doesn't reply and rolls his eyes instead. after dragging the troublesome jungkook through the crowd, they make it back to their table and yoongi suddenly isn't there anymore. great.

he combs his long fingers through his chocolate locks and sighs in exasperation, plopping down on his seat. jungkook eyes him, grinning like a child as he takes the seat right beside namjoon. he didn't smell like alcohol, or maybe he just couldn't tell. "you're not drunk are you?" namjoon asks, hopefully.

"i'm a heavyweight, hyung." jungkook declares proudly with a smug grin on his face.

namjoon doesn't respond, and turns his head to the younger who was looking at him with soft eyes. the silence passes quickly. he fiddled with his fingers under the table, tearing off the eye contact.

"you make things really awkward, you know that?" jungkook continues, laughing at the fact.

namjoon probably looks rather flustered because jungkook begins to laugh even more. his lips stretched wide, looking very appealing. "we never really had a conversation face to face so don't expect much from me." he coughs, trying to sound reasonable.

"jiminie hyung was going to down drinks with me you know." jungkook whines playfully, attempting his best to sound disappointed. the younger didn't bother overthinking why namjoon pulled him away from jimin, he didn't want to get too ahead of himself.

namjoon rolls his eyes and nudges jungkook. "find someone else to do that. i'd love to but you know alcohol tolerance and myself don't mix together."

"then shall we sing? i'm good friends with the dj and i bet he'd let us go on top of the stage with him" jungkook says excitedly, not giving namjoon a chance to respond because he's already dragging him by the hands mixing in with the crowd once again.

this is going to be quite a damned night, namjoon thinks.