75

the night sky looked beautiful, the moonlight perfectly glowing through the darkness. namjoon walked along the path in the park, breathing in the cool air and appreciating the beauty up above. his heart is drumming against his chest, and he tries to pay no attention to it especially when he spots jungkook sitting on the bench alone.

they make eye contact, and neither look away. jungkook smiles at namjoon softly, looking especially tiny in his oversized sweater. namjoon quickens his pace towards jungkook, taking the empty spot beside him.

"sorry for dragging you out of bed so late." namjoon murmurs quietly, glancing at jungkook through his lashes. jungkook says nothing in return, and only smiles even wider at namjoon. namjoon wonders if jungkook could hear his heartbeat, from how fast it's racing.

jungkook lets his head fall on namjoon's shoulder comfortably, and namjoon let's him. namjoon notices the faint scent of vanilla on jungkook. they sit in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes, watching the stars.

after a while, jungkook finally speaks. "i like this." he says, voice all hushed and hoarse. "this is nice." he continues, snuggling himself closer to namjoon, enjoying the warmth he feels around him.

namjoon agrees, humming. he takes this chance to intertwine his hands with jungkook, caressing it carefully like it's fragile. "jungkook."

"hm?" they look at each other, and jungkook can't handle the intensity in namjoon's piercing stare so he looks down at his hands, chewing nervously at his lips.

namjoon takes one last deep breath, squeezing jungkooks hand in his. "be mine." he whispers, his head falling against jungkooks forehead. "please?"

jungkook's face immediately lights up, his smile stretching so widely that it hurt. "and if i say no?" he replies teasingly, giggling as he watches namjoon's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

namjoon watches jungkook laugh, and he thinks it's the most beautiful sight he's ever seen. jungkook is so lost in the happiness he's taken by surprise when namjoon pecks him on the lips. now it was namjoon's turn to laugh at jungkook's puzzled expression, like a deer caught in headlights.

"are you sure about that?" namjoon challenges, giving him another peck on the lips but this time, lasting a little longer.

jungkook feels like his breath got knocked out of his chest, not being able to find the voice to speak.

namjoon grins even more, already knowing the answer. he finally kisses jungkook properly, caressing his cheek with one hand and the other on his waist. the two kiss for a little longer, their lips perfectly moulding with one another. namjoon kisses at jungkooks neck, back to his lips, loving the way the younger gasped for air.

they eventually peel themselves away from each other, breaking into a fit of laughter. "yes." jungkook breathes out, feeling like he's on cloud nine.

namjoon's heart swells with pure ecstasy, engulfing jungkook into a tight embrace. "i like you jungkook." he confesses like his point hasn't been made. "i like you so much."

jungkook melts immediately into his arms, feeling extremely overwhelmed with emotions. "i've liked you for so long." he says shyly, burying his face into namjoon's chest. "took you so long to finally ask me out."

namjoon laughs, "i know. i'm sorry about that baby." he admits, running his fingers through jungkook's hair. "i'm finally yours, and yours only."

"don't call me that!" jungkook squeeks in embarrassment.

namjoon plays dumb, "call you what baby?"
jungkook whines even more.

"do you want to stay at mine tonight?" namjoon suggests. "i mean— sleep at mine, you know? i- i don't want to leave your side tonight." he splutters, suddenly feeling embarrassed at the things he's saying.

"yeah." jungkook says, happily. "me too."

A/N: hi i'm back with a written chapter update!! sorry if it wasn't long enough i really tried ): thank you SO MUCH for 130k+ reads i can't believe this book would get this much recognition so i'm very thankful that you guys are reading this!!<3 even if i'm so inconsistent with updating hehe. thank you thank you thank you i love u sm!!!🥺 also i fell down a flight of stairs yesterday and i have a bruise the size of my hand and its swollen which is not so great. BUT thank you again ❤️ have a good day/night, sleep well, eat well, take a deep breath, treat yourself with love!