24 pt2

the pair walks through campus together, chatting and giggling every exchanged sentences. the breeze of the autumn wind felt so refreshing. "do you mind if you come with me to a fast food place really quick, joon-ah?" jungkook asks.

"is this your way of asking me out on a date?" namjoon teases, chuckling.

jungkook raises his eyebrow in amusement before shaking his head a no. "as nice as that sounds, i need to buy myself dinner"

the older immediately becomes flustered, stammering out a response. "i- i was just kidding, you idiot." namjoon says, grumbling out a huff of embarrassment.

jungkooks giggles even more, pointing to a vending stand a few feet away. "i have zero cooking ability so this place is usually the place to go; cheap and delicious."

"i cook," namjoon began, then remembering how he hasn't cooked for the last three months. "—sometimes."

"you'd have to cook for me sometime yeah? i can't live off street food forever."

minutes later pass by and now namjoon is waiting for jungkook, who was standing im the line ordering his food. he watches as a slightly short orange headed man goes up to jungkook. "kookie, i haven't seen you here in a while!" namjoon hears from the short distance.

"jiminie-ssi! where did you disappear off to these days huh?" jungook replies back in a playful tone that namjoon gets sheer annoyance from.

"c'mon, i'll treat you to something better? i know you love lamb skewers." jimin smiles brightly at the younger, taking his hand in his.

namjoon doesn't notice the way his grip on jungkook's items tighten. he makes his way over to the both of them. "jungkook is eating out with me today, maybe another time yeah?" he says, looking directly at jimin while trying to sound nice as possible.

jimin recognizes the face. it was the same man who took jungkook from him at that party weeks ago. "oh you're the guy from the party." the flat tone in jimin's voice irritates namjoon.

"yeah."

"you took my date that time, sadly you're not going to do that again." jimin says, authority in his voice.

jungkook bursts into a fit of laughter. "you two are stupid. you know what? i'll just buy enough food for the three of us and we could eat it at my place!"

~

namjoon and jimin has no idea how this happened but now they're all at jungkooks kitchen, sitting around the table.

jungkook pays no mind to the tension, and continues digging into his food happily like a child. he does notice the stolen glares that come from the pair though.

"isn't the food great?"

silence.

"could be better if that guy isn't here eating with us" jimin responds nonchalantly, taking a bite of the fried rice.

"i have a name you—" namjoon retorts, but jungkook interrupts him by the unnecessary laughter once again.

"please don't tell me i wasted my money just for you two not to appreciate it and argue instead. i'll shove it down your throats if i have to!" jungkook rambles, cheeks filled with food. "just shut up and eat" he whines.

a good ten minutes pass with no bickering, and just eating. finally they're cal—

"hey kookie, since i'm here can i listen to the song?" jimin asks sweetly with a grin, finishing off his last bite.

jungkook pouts, "i want it to be a surprise" taking another bite of his food, side glancing at namjoon who had a dead look plastered to his face.

"you know what go flirt when i leave, which is about now." namjoon grumbles, putting his spoon down.

jimin laughs, really loud as if namjoon just cracked up a funny joke. "what do you mean flirting? jungkookie and i are only friends~"

before jungkook was about to agree, jimin leans in and gives him a peck on the cheek. the younger turned beet red in an instant, almost choking on his food.

"no homo right?" he jokes, laughing awkwardly to ease the tension. namjoon only strides towards the door before saying, "say sike."