amaryllyis.

the amaryllis: the flower of splendid beauty and worth beyond beauty

in which kotori finds that the girl who sits in the row in front of hers isn't quite like what she had predicted after all.

~

her breath caught in her throat as the girl's copper swirls trapped her in their midst, luring and pleasing.

"wha–what's your name?" she asks nervously, blushing as the girl's thin lips smirk playfully as she leans forward, her dark-blue hair sweeping over kotori's neck, causing the shorter girl to shiver.

she whispers seductively, "it's the love shot."

what? kotori frowns and leans away, and the girl in front of her disappears into thin air, being replaced the sound of someone singing at the top of their lungs.

and then she wakes. kotori sits up in bed, rubbing her eyes, completely puzzled by her odd dream. but even stranger was the sound of someone singing in her dormitory room's bathroom.

"it's the love shot! na~ nananananana na~ nanananananana–"

kotori gets up and forces the door to the bathroom open (it was unlocked in the first place), getting a rude shock when she finds her best friend soaping herself in the bath, singing at the top of her lungs.

"it's the love–" honoka notices kotori's confused expression, yells, slips, and falls to the floor on her butt. "o–ow..."

"are you okay?" kotori runs forward and grabs a towel off the rack, handing it to honoka as the older girl stands up and rubs her butt, her blue eyes slightly teary.

"i'm fine, thanks, kotori-chan," she sobs, accepting the towel and wrapping it around her self.

"what are you doing here, anyway?" kotori asks exasperatedly, watching as honoka steps out of the shower.

"i don't know, actually," honoka shrugs, "just wanted to see you, maybe."

"that's so nice of you, honoka-chan," kotori smiles, and leaves the bathroom, tidying her bed as her best friend changes into fresh clothes. "but maybe in the afternoon would have been better? not at nine in the morning?"

"sorry, sorry," honoka steps out of the bathroom, drying her hair in the towel, her body in an orange top with the words 'homura' printed across it in white and black skinny jeans. "i was too excited for later."

oh, right, eli's party. kotori tucks her bedsheets into the mattress, stepping back and regarding it with satisfaction. but now, she just wanted to collapse into it again. she had almost forgotten how tempting lazy sundays were.

"i know what you're thinking, kotori-chan," honoka says with a glint in her eye. "but we have no time to waste! let's go to the mall and get you something cute to wear! hachigoro-kun will be all over you when i'm done."