Chapter 2

"Can you actually legally adopt him? I mean . . . he has no profile. Not even a solid identity."

"SHIELD can work on one for him. They're useful for stuff like that. Just have him do a thumb print, do the paperwork and he's all set."

"Money. Up." Clint grumbled as he reluctantly palmed Coulson a twenty. "We made a bet that you would take a liking to the little guy within a week. I didn't think you'd sign your life away that fast."

"The kid deserves it."

Tony sat on the couch with a Starkpad in hand busy designing Steve's shield, the blueprints were on display as he made some changes to the schematics, muttering something to himself. Then, Steve emerged from the stairs with his blonde hair a little damp from the shower he had just taken. "What's this I hear about Tony adopting a kid?"

"Peter."

"The little guy from the lab? Tony. I know what you're trying to do for the kid. But isn't this a little too sudden? We barely know anything about him. It's wise to think-"

"Save the righteous talk, Rogers. I'm not doing this for me." He shook his head, "This kid, Peter, had no choice in the matter. The life that he was supposed to have got ripped from him the moment he was put in that lab and God knows what they've put him through. We don't know what they've done to him. Hell, he's just a kid who deserves a normal life like any other child alive. And I know for a fact that I have the power to give him a fighting chance."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that you cared so much for Peter."

"Alright, enough sappy talk. Let's go get Peter!"

Peter was wrapped around the Avengers' finger the moment he was introduced to everyone at the tower. Bruce even came out from his lab to meet the little guy.

"Who would do such a thing to a poor child?" Bruce muttered as he stood beside Tony. They watched as the other team members fuss around the child they had recently accepted into their lives. "That's what I'm trying to find out. But it's a little hard to do that when there's nothing to pull out from the system that would be proven to be anything remotely useful to us."

"So what's the plan?"

"We're obviously not going to sit this one out. But we can't do anything at the moment." Bruce smirked. "What?"

"This side of you. It's so rare, Tony."

"I don't know what you're going on about, Banner."

Tony had gotten Jarvis to order anything that a newborn might need everything from a crib to feeding bottles, toys, baby sized clothes and food. After everything had arrived, they started to work on the nursery where baby Peter would be sleeping in.

"How the hell do they even make these things?" Tony cursed as he stared at the two wooden boards in confusion, trying to figure out what went where. "You're a genius who is the owner of one of the world's most prestigious companies and you can't figure out how to build a crib?" Clint snorted.

"Shut up, Katniss. I'll figure it out. I always do."

And he did.

In an hour or two, they were finally done. After arguing on how to baby proof the entire compound since it was not child friendly. Every room had it's own hazards that could kill you one way or another. Since they would be taking in a much more fragile and inexperienced child in their care, there would have to be some major changes made to the place.

It was time to welcome the newest member of the team. Coulson came in with Child services in tow to deliver their precious child.

In a matter of minutes, Peter already had pretty much all of the Avengers wrapped around his chubby little finger. At this point, they were more than willing to even die for him if the time came. They knew that they would protect him from harm at all costs.