Chapter 4

The other Avengers were in pretty much the same mood as Tony. All of them couldn't believe how the kid's own parents had just signed his life away like that as if it didn't mean a thing to them. When they reached the quinjet hanger, all of them had dispersed to their rooms, retreating to their own quiet places.

Tony had gotten to work on finding out who exactly the Parkers were. He found out that they were scientists that were working with Hydra along with Oscorp to help create the perfect ultimate weapon. When they found out about how Oscorp had been working on radioactive spiders, they began to get more confident within days or weeks and decided to experiment on humans. To be more specific, children. They then began illegally kidnapping children from various orphanages all across the country just to experiment on. Unfortunately, they soon found out that the serum was incompatible with the child's system and it resulted in a complete shutdown of it almost immediately. They had begun to get frustrated as they were losing hope as each result was no different than the last.

When they were on their final thread, the news that the Parkers had brought gave them some hope. They had sent their child to have his blood tested and found that he was stronger. They felt that he might be compatible. The Parkers didn't mind as they claimed that Peter was just the result of a one night drunk affair incident and they had been planning on getting rid of him from the start but was too busy with their work to find the time. By doing this, they were killing two birds with one stone. Just for the sake of proffessionality, they produced a contract and got the Parkers who signed it without any hesitation.

An hour later, the entire room was filled with unanswered questions when Tony had called in for a meeting to share his findings with the team. Most of the questions were revolving around how much of a monster those two were.

"I can't believe that he was just given away like that. And to think that the Parkers had made that decision all by themselves." Steve said, disbelieved at what he was hearing.

"Where are those bastards now?" Clint asked as he notched an arrow into his bow while Natasha and Bucky seemed to be sharpening their knives. Steve didn't have the heart to stop them as he was secretly boiling in anger himself.

"Dead. After they had no use for the Parkers, Hydra took the liberty of killing them off themselves."

"Poor kid."

"We can't do anything. We can't exactly charge Hydra with illegal kidnappings either. They are already one of the biggest and most lethal terrorist organizations that have proven to be much too stubborn to deal with. There were files that we managed to uncover from the base containing solid proof that the Parkers had committed the most extreme case of child abuse and the pictures of the children who were kidnapped to be experimented on." Tony said.

"So, what do we do now?"

"Now? We can't really do anything. What's happened is in the past. But, we sure as hell can give Peter the best chance at a life. It's a life that he has the right to have."

"What are you going to say when he starts asking questions about his past and who his parents are when he's older? You can't just say that his parents were killers that didn't want him on purpose."

"I'll find some way to deal with it when the time comes."

"'We', Tony. You're not in this alone. We'll be there to support you and help in raising Peter. There's no way we'll miss out on his life. He's our responsibility now." Steve said as he placed a reassuring hand on the engineer who shot them a faint smile.

"When he's a little bit older, he can come visit my farm. Laura and the kids would love having a new baby cousin or brother around!" And just like that, their mood was lifted as the team babbled on about what Peter could do with them in the future.

"Or, he shall come visit Asguard. It is a beautiful place that young Peter will indeed enjoy! I shall introduce him to the lady Sif and the warriors three."

"Guys! Guys! Chill! Peter is barely a month old. We've still got time before his first birthday. There will be plenty of time to watch him grow up."

"Do you think he'll train?"

"No. I want him out of the business. I'll ground him till he's thirty if I have to." They chuckled at his words. Tony was already becoming more of a father even before he was to become a father to Peter.

The team knew that this was a rare side that Peter could bring out. He had already managed to melt the coldest of hearts. Loki didn't really know why they were so interested in baby Peter at first, but after hearing his story, he already felt like he and Peter had a lot in common. He would love and protect him till his heart gave out. That was his eternal vow and he never went back on his word as it was sacred, even to him.

Peter's addition could turn out for the best or for the worst? But he already had the everlasting protection of the earth's mightiest heroes even before he could walk. Little did the Avengers know, they were in for one hell of a ride.

A/N:
I apologise for how short the chapters are. It's because I have my irritating finals to deal with that I can't work on this story as often as I would like to. So, for now, the chapters would be at most from 800 to 900 words or from 900 to 1000 words. It depends on how free I am, really.

So, don't forget to enjoy, vote and  comment below!

I NEED SUGGESTIONS TOO!! So feel free to comment on what you would like to happen next!! Suggestions close when I can think of the next idea which will be pretty long...