Chapter 15: You Don't Have to do This

Sky's POV

After Josh and Quinn left Ben and I stood up to Jeff. It didn't end the way we had hoped. Jeff got away and went after them. He had pushed Ben into the door and Ben had blood trickling down the side of his face where it hit the knob.
"Are you okay, Ben?" I asked him.
"Yeah, just go get Jeff!" Ben replied. I nodded and ran after Jeff. He was headed out of the building and I could see Josh and Quinn. I needed to warn them that Jeff was coming.
"Jeff," I yelled.
"You're too late, Sky," he yelled back. Then he ran out of the building. But much to his dismay, they had gone.
"It looks like you're too late," I said.
"Great, now I'll have to lure them to me," Jeff said.
"They won't fall for anything you do," I said. It was the worst thing to come out of my mouth.
"Well then they wouldn't mind losing you," Jeff said. He grabbed me and took me to the same van.

Josh's POV

We had just barely missed Jeff. If the yelling hadn't happened we would've been taken.
"Where are we?" Quinn asked when we stopped running. I looked around.
"I don't know," I replied. Quinn found a bench and sat down. I sat next to her and continued to look around. There a guy sitting on another bench with a guitar. He was playing it and singing a song.
"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be," the man sang.
"Quinn, I think we're in a park," I said.
"Oh my god," she said.
"What?"
"We're in Central Park. And even better, this is Strawberry Fields."
"You know this place?"
"Yeah, thus spot was made Strawberry Fields after John Lennon was murdered," Quinn said. I loomed at her with some disbelief.
"I am shocked that you would know that. You don't seem like that type of person."
"I've wanted to come for ages. The way I got here wasn't great, but sitting here with you is the best thing right now," Quinn said.
"Thanks," I replied. "Wait what do we do now?"
"I don't know. Maybe we should find a place to sleep."
"Yeah but where?"
"We'll find a place. Don't worry, Josh," Quinn said. She was right. We sat there in Strawberry Fields for the rest of the day. When it started to get dark we got up and went to find place. As we were leaving the park, we bumped into someone, literally.
"Hey watch it," they said. Quinn lept back.
"Jeff," she said quietly.
"Get away from her," I said. I pulled Quinn close to me.
"Give up, I have your friend," Jeff said. He snapped his fingers and another man came out with Sky. "I can have him kill Sky if you don't give me the girl."
"Josh, just do it," Sky said.
"The choice is yours, Josh."
"No, I won't let you take Quinn and I won't let you kill Sky," I said.
"Josh, just let me go," Quinn said.
"No, I'll go in Quinn's place," I said.
"No, we need her."
"No you don't. You need any human you can get your hands on. So take me instead of Quinn."
"Josh, no," Quinn begged.
"Quinn, I can't let you go with them. Let me do this," I said.
"No, they're too dangerous. Please just let me go," Quinn said. Tears were forming in her eyes.
"You know what, I think I'll take Josh," Jeff said. I looked at Quinn. She was crying and I couldn't do much about it. One of the men Jeff brought with him grabbed me and pulled me away from Quinn. I couldn't say goodbye or make sure Sky was released.

Ben's POV

I walked into my apartment. It was way too quiet in there.
"Where's Quinn?" I asked.
"Probably sleeping at Sky's house," Andrew replied. I had gotten out of the hospital and Andrew had agreed to make sure I was okay.
"I want to see her," I said. I pulled out my phone and dialed Sky's number.
"Hello," Sky said when he answered.
"Hi, is Quinn there?" I asked.
"Yeah, but she's with Ben Cook. Why?"
"I want to see her."
"Okay, I'll see if she wants to see you. We had a bit of a rough evening."
"What happened?" I asked. I was worried she wasn't actually there and Sky had been lying.
"We met up with Jeff again and Quinn and Josh got away from him until the evening rolled around. Um, Jeff gave them a choice and Josh ended up giving himself up to save me and Quinn," Sky explained.
"Bring her over. I don't care about what the doctors said. I have to see her."
"Okay, we're on our way," Sky said. Then he bung up. I sighed and plopped down on the couch.
"Are you okay?" Andrew asked.
"Yeah, I'm going to see Quinn," I replied.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"Yeah, we need to see each other. Josh got taken."
"What?!"
"Josh gave himself up to save Quinn and Sky."
"What?! Ugh, this job is getting stressful. We have to rescue him."
"We can't."
"Why not?"
"Jeff will just take Quinn. Andrew, there's nothing we can do," I said. Andrew sat down next to me.
"There has to be something. I don't want to lose Josh," he said.
"I know. I don't either, but you're right. There has to be something we can do," I said.
"Maybe we can get all of Broadway to help us."
"I don't know. Wait, Sky said Jeff took Josh. What happened to the man?"
"I don't know. I've been with you all day," Andrew said. Then there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it.
"Ben!" Quinn said excitedly as she hugged me. I smiled because she was happy.
"So what happened to the man?" I asked Sky, who was standing in the doorway.
"He got knocked out by Quinn," Sky replied.
"Really?"
"Yup, I took a frying pan and whacked him in the head with it," Quinn said.
"That's great. One less threat," I said.
"Yeah, Quinn had me call the cops and they might've taken him away."
"Why don't you come in?"
"I can't. Ben hit his head on a door knob and I gotta go take him to the hospital to get stiches."
"Oh, I hope nothing serious happened. But thanks for bringing Quinn by," I said.
"No problem. It's probably best that she stays with you anyway," Sky said.
"Bye, Sky," Quinn said.
"Bye, Quinn," Sky said. He left and I closed the door. Quinn finally let go of me and we sat down on the couch to plot out a revenge plan.