Chapter 16: Time to Plan

Josh's POV

I was sitting alone in a room. It was dark and the only light was coming through a small crack in the window. It barely lit half the room. Then the door opened and it let a bunch of light in. I was blinded by the light, but felt a pair of hands grab me. They pulled me up and out of the room. I started walking with them and my eyes got used to the light. Turns out I was in a house. There were a bunch of girls around. Whoever was holding me up sat me down on a couch. I looked around, taking in everything just in case I could use it to escape.
"Ah, if it isn't my Broadway star," Jeff said. I froze in fear.
"Oh he's cute," one of the girls said. I just sat there on the couch, not moving a muscle.
"His name is Josh. He decided to take the place of Maria and save his friend too," Jeff said. He made it seem like I had done something bad.
"Not only is he cute, but brave as well," the girl said. I couldn't move. My joints felt frozen in place. Then Jeff placed a hand me.
"Come on, Josh. I've got to make sure you're good for the market," Jeff said. I didn't want to move now. I was frozen in fear and nothing could move me. But Jeff pulled me up. It was like ripping something up. With an iron tight grip, Jeff led me to another room.

Quinn's POV

I was glad to be with Ben again. But I was still concerned for Josh. I was starting to remember bits of the trip from Washington to New York and it wasn't pretty.
"What do you remember about them?" Ben asked. He had been helping me so we could get a plot together to get Josh back.
"I was in a box truck for most of it. I could hear everything going on outside. When it rained, when we were in a city. I hated it," I replied.
"What else?" Andrew asked.
"As soon as the truck stopped in New York and the door was opened I got away. It was hard at first and somehow I ended up in an alley."
"Are you okay?" Ben asked.
"Why?"
"You seem a little upset."
"I don't want to talk about it right now," I said. Tears were forming in my eyes. Ben pulled me into a hug that I didn't know I needed.
"We should take a break then," Ben said.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Positive."
"Is it a boy or a girl?" I asked jokingly. Ben released me from the hug.
"What?" He asked. I could see the confusion on his face.
"You said you were positive, so I just want to know the gender of the child," I explained.
"Ben, she made a joke," Andrew said.
"Oh my god. I didn't know you could make jokes. This is an improvement," Ben said.
"You're right, Ben. This is an improvement. But I remember something. I've that joke before with my friends back in Washington," my smile turned into a serious expression. I could feel tears form in eyes as I remembered my friends back in Washington. Then Ben got up.
"We need some food," he said. He went into the kitchen. Andrew moved closer to me.
"We'll get you home, Quinn. Don't worry," Andrew said.
"Why are you helping us?" I asked. It was finally time to confront him.
"Because I want to make up for what I did. If I help you get away, then I'll feel better. Look, Quinn, I hate myself for what I did. And if I could turn back time I would have never done it," he said. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not.
"Quinn, what do you want to eat?" Ben asked from the kitchen.
"I don't know, why?" I asked. I stood up and went into the kitchen.

Ben Cook's POV

I was sitting in a bed in the hospital. My head was pounding. Sky had tightly taped a towel to my head where it had hit the door knob and I was waiting for the doctor to see me. Sky was pacing in front of me. Then a doctor came in. But the doctor didn't seem right. And she looked like the lady. I scooted back and fell off the bed. Sky came rushing over to me.
"Oh my god, Ben, are you okay?" He asked worriedly.
"Yeah I'm fine, but that the lady," I said. Sky looked at her.
"Dude, no that's not. The cops locked her in jail already. And she looks nothing like the lady," Sky said as he pulled me up. I took another look at her.
"Oh yeah, you're right."
"Okay, Ben, is It? Let's take a look at your head," the doctor said. She untapped the towel and looked at the wound.
"How bad is it, doc?" I asked.
"You'll need stitches and we have to make sure you don't have a concussion," the doctor said.
After I got stitches and checked for a concussion, Sky took me to Ben's apartment.
"Hey, Ben," Ben said when he opened the door.
"Hey," I replied.
"Did you need stitches?"
"Yup."
"Did it hurt?"
"I have no idea," I said. Then I got a sneak attack from Quinn.
"Ben! You're okay," she said as she hugged me.
"Yeah, nothing but stitches."
"Who'd ya snitch on?" Quinn asked.
"What?" I asked. I was a little confused.
"I'm joking, Ben!" She said as gave me a playful punch to the arm.
"Since when do you joke?" Sky asked her.
"I've always been the joking type. Now we need to make a plan to get Josh back. Because no matter how hopeless it seems, we can always find a way to get friends back. Shit, that was wise," Quinn said. Everyone stared at her like she had about four heads. No one had ever heard her swear.
"So what's the plan?" I asked.
"I'm going to give myself up. But you guys will be able to track me. Once I'm at the location Josh is at, call the swat team."
"You can't be serious, Quinn," Ben said. He sounded like an over protective older brother or an over protective father. "I'm not letting you that."
"Got a better idea, Ben?" Quinn retorted. She had changed since the last time I saw her. I didn't like this new Quinn.
"Yeah it's called we get the police involved before anyone does something they can't get out of."
"Ben, Josh is out there somewhere. He could be really badly hurt or Jeff could've," Quinn trailed off. She crossed her arms and stood her ground.
"I know that, Quinn. Look, I know it seems like I don't care about Josh, but I do. I want him back just as much as you do. Just don't do anything you can't get away from," Be  replied. I stood there in a bit of shock. I don't know why.
"Ben, do you any pain killers?" I asked.
"Say no," Sky whispered.
"I heard you, Sky."
"He's still got a few hours left on the ones he got from the hospital."
"Sky, stop ratting me out!"
"I'm not!"
"Ben, are you sure you're okay?" Ben asked. The world was spinning. Then I fell to the ground.