Chapter 21: What the.......

Quinn's POV

Hearing them fight over me didn't make me feel any better about the situation. I wanted to be as far from that apartment as possible. Ben seemed to know and took back to his apartment.
When we got there his phone rang. He didn't answer until he had me wrapped in a blanket watching a movie. I tried to listen in but the movie was too intriguing. The movie was Newsies. I watched it as if I was in a trance. It was so beautiful. I didn't even notice that someone broke in. The TV suddenly went black. I sat up straight in my blanket. I didn't get to turn around because Ben grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. I dropped the blanket as we ran into another room and hid in the closet. Ben pulled out his phone and started texting someone. I could hear his keypad on the phone vibrate with every letter he pushed. Fear overwhelmed me as he speed texted. I could hear them coming closer to the closet. Then I heard the window open from the outside. A few more footsteps and a fight went down. I stayed where I was. I was terrified.
"Quinn, you need to trust him," Ben said. He looked around the room. I took the man's hand and he took me out the window. I didn't see Ben leave and I was worried about him. The man put me in a car and told me to stay. I was too scared to do anything else. I figured the car would bring safety. I watched the man run back inside. I sat back in the seat. I was alone and I was starting hate it. Fear was welling up inside me and I started crying. Then the car door opened and I kicked without thinking.
"Oof!" Ben said. I was too emotional to say anything. I pulled him into the car and into a hug. "You have quite the foot," Ben said. He had gotten winded my kick.
"I-I'm sorry," I said quietly. I was crying into Ben's shoulder as the man got into the car with us. He gave the driver an address and we were off.

Ben's POV

I held Quinn close. I didn't want to lose her and didn't know if this was her aunt or not. I looked over at Ryan Breslin. I had him come get us through the window, so whoever was after us didn't get us.
"How did you get past them?" I asked him.
"Choreography for Seize the Day mixed with some from King of New York. Its really effective," he replied. I smiled. Quinn looked up at me, then at Ryan.
"W-who are you?" Quinn asked him. Her voice was small again.
"I'm Ryan Breslin. I play Race in Newsies," Ryan replied.
"But Ben Cook plays Race," Quinn replied.
"Oh yeah. I left you came. I played Race before Ben did," Ryan said.
"Quinn, he won't hurt you. I won't let him and he won't want to," I said. Quinn looked at me with a look of fear. I pulled her closer to me. I could feel her try to get as close as possible to me.
"I don't wanna leave you, Ben," she said after a moment of silence.
"You won't have to," I said. There was determination in my voice. Quinn stayed as close as possible.
When we reached his apartment Quinn and I sat on the couch. Ryan was in the kitchen doing something. I had been texting Josh while Quinn was curled up next to me. She was trying to stay as close as possible. Ryan came in to check on us and she curled up tighter when she saw him.
"Its okay, Quinn. I won't hurt you," Ryan said. Quinn looked at him. He had a bowl in his hand and he offered it to her. Steam was rising from it. Quinn reluctantly took the bowl. She saw the food in it and started to inhale it.
"What is that?" I asked.
"Ramen noddles," Ryan said, slightly laughing at the sight of Quinn inhaling it.
"What's so funny?" She asked. She was still a little timid.
"You inhaled the soup," Ryan explained. She looked down at the bowl.
"Oh, I didn't realise," she replied.
"Its okay. Do you want some more?" Ryan said. Quinn nodded her head.
"Thank you," she said. And for the first time since we left Ben's apartment she smiled.
"Quinn, I have to know a few things," I said.
"What, Ben?" She asked. I took a deep breath and got the question ready.
"What happened after your parents died?" I asked. Quinn sat up a bit.
"My aunt came to stay with me. I took all their music and their perfume and other things. And everything seemed fine for a month or two, but then she started to act weird. And one day I woke up in a weird lab like place," Quinn trailed off as she recalled everything. Then she got a look of "what the fuck."
"Quinn, what's that look for?"
"Ben, what do you think that lab like room is?"
"I don't know."
"Maybe she's got powers. Ya know like Captain America," Ryan suggested from the kitchen. Quinn looked scared.
"Sh-should we try it?" She asked.
"Go ahead!" Ryan said.
"Maybe not right now. We don't want you to get hurt," I said.
"Please, Ben," she begged. I rolled my eyes.
"Fine, but don't hurt anyone," I said. She stood up and looked around.
"Try mind reading," Ryan said. She nodded and looked like she was concentrating.

Kathy Cartwright's POV

After my niece ran off with that tall person I turned to Leanne.
"How much trouble does this put him in?" I asked.
"You started the fight. He took her somewhere safe. You'll be in more trouble," Leanne replied. I scoffed.
"But he took her!"
"It doesn't matter. You and Ben fought. That made her scared and he did the right thing," Leanne said. I sighed and left because the idiot tripped over something.
I got in a taxi and headed over to the lab. I needed to see the director. I knew it wouldn't be long before she discovered what had happened to her.