Chapter 26: Death

Ben's POV

Terrence and I were walking to the new hideout these people had. We were silent until Terrence suddenly pulled me into an alley.
"Be careful," he said.
"Why? Terrence, why are you acting so weird?" I asked. I hadn't thought to ask earlier.
"Ben, you can never be too careful about these things. I've had a lot of experience at this than you have," Terrence said. He peeked out of the alley then down it. "Okay the coast is clear."
"You didn't answer my question."
"I don't need to. Ben, I know what I'm doing. Yes it seems weird, but when you think back on this you'll understand."
I rolled my eyes and followed Terrence.
After we walked for a while he pulled me into a parking lot that was full of things. We hid behind an old cabinet as lights flashed around like search lights.
"This has to be the place," Terrence said.
"How would we know?" I asked.
"There are literally giant lights flashing all over this lot. There's no way they wouldn't have a not secure place," Terrence replied. It made sense.
"We have to get in. Quinn has to be in there. And so will Andrew and Josh," I said. Then I looked at the door and saw two figures stumble out. They looked like Josh and Andrew. Then I realised it was Josh and Andrew. I wanted to go over to them, but I knew I couldn't. I had to wait for the right moment, which never came as far as checking on my friends went.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see one of the henchmen standing over me. I got scared despite everything that had happened in the past month. Before I knew it the world went black.
When I woke up I was alone. I was on my knees in what looked to be a warehouse. A woman walked in and started questioning me.

Quinn's POV

I finally had an appourinity to roam the building I was in. These people may have thought they had me, but they were dead wrong.
As I wandered around I stumbled upon a room. It was like a warehouse.
"So, you've come back for the girl?" The woman said.
"You left out my friends," Ben said. I stayed out of sight and listened in.
"Oh yes, those annoying people. You'll see them soon enough," the woman said.
"Why are you even doing this? That girl is innocent and so am I. And my friends are innocent too," Ben replied loudly.
"The girl is a weapon. And you and your friends keep getting in our way. You can't be mad at us for eliminating those who are compromising the plan," the woman said. I zoned out of their conversation to reflect on things. Suddenly bits of memories came back. The room I had woken up in. I had always wanted to do things normal people did, but never could. It took convincing whoever to let me act. They didn't want me to get taken. But it happened anyway.
I came back to reality when I heard Ben scream. I looked and saw he was laying on the ground. The lady had a gun pointed at him. She looked ready to end him. I couldn't let that happen.
Without thinking, I leapt in front of him. Suddenly there was a shooting pain in my side. I could feel arms wrap around me.
"Quinn, are you okay?" I heard Ben ask. He sounded faint. I looked at him as my vision blurred into darkness.

Josh's POV

Andrew and I had found Ben. We were happy to see him, but that soon ended when we got kidnapped again. The person Ben was with had disappeared. We thought it was weird but we let it slide.
As Andrew and I were trying to escape, the man appeared and let us go.
"Come with me. We don't have much time," he said. I looked at Andrew and then followed the man.
"Where are we going?" Andrew asked.
"We need to get Ben and the girl out of here," the man replied.
"Where are they?" I asked. The man stopped replying to us and we followed him in silence.
After running through the building for a while we stumbled upon a horrible sight. Ben was holding Quinn and she didn't seem to be moving.
"B-Ben, is she," I began to ask. I couldn't bring myself to ask it.
"I-I think so," he replied. I could sense the hurt in his voice.
"We should go before we get caught," the man said.
"Terrence, did this ever happen with you?" Ben asked.
"No. I got her out before this could happen," the man replied.
"You're right. We should go," Ben said. He stood up and held Quinn close to him.
"Come on, the exit is this way," Terrence said.
As we approached the exit we heard voices and the door was broken down. I saw cop cars and police officers run in. They got us out before going further in.
Sitting in the parking lot I watched Ben. He was crying as he gave Quinn to the coroner. I felt bad for him. He had seen Quinn die. I went over to him and gave him a hug.