Chapter 23: On Our Side or Not

Quinn's POV

"Stop!" I yelled. Josh and I had made it all the way to Brooklyn.
"What?" Josh asked.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"I think I know someone who will hide us."
"Who?"
"Tommy Bracco."
"Spot?!"
"Sure, why not?"
"Will he really help us?" I needed to know. Josh thought.
"He's better than Andrew. Right?" He pointed out.
"Yeah you're right," I sighed.
"Good, come on. We might not have anymore time to waste," Josh said. We started to go again.
When we got to Tommy's place Josh knocked on the door.
"What the hell do you want?" Tommy yelled.
"A safe place to hide," Josh replied. There was a grumble and Tommy swore a bit. He opened the door.
"Why the hell are you coming to me?"
"They won't think to look here," Josh said. I felt a little uneasy near Tommy. Like something was wrong with him. Only I didn't know what.
"Ugh, fine get your asses in here," Tommy sighed. He acted a little suspicious. I felt like he was hiding something. I stayed near Josh as much as I could. I didn't trust him one bit.
"I'll be right back. Help yourself to something," Tommy said. I followed Josh like a puppy or a shadow when he went to get a snack.
"Can I use your phone?" I asked him. He nodded and handed me his phone. I texted Andrew to get me. I handed Josh his phone again.
"What did you need it for?" Josh asked.
"Something is wrong. I don't feel safe here. It doesn't feel safe," I said. Josh pulled me into a hug.
"Tommy wouldn't hurt us. And he wouldn't let anyone hurt us," Josh said. His words couldn't shake the feeling away. I just hoped Andrew would come get me.

Ben's POV

We spent the night in the cell. The next morning the agents came to see us.
"We need to talk to all three of you," one of them said.
"I just got back from a tour. I had no idea any of this was going on. Please let me go!" Dan said.
"We'll talk to him first," he agent said. Two of the agents went in and took Dan to be questioned. I sat near Ryan. I was very nervous.
"What are they gonna do to us?" I asked.
"Hell if I know," he replied.
"Very reassuring, Ryan," I said in a bit of a sassy tone.
"Look, Ben, we'll be okay. Those people can't hurt us."
"Which one is Ryan Breslin?" an agent asked.
"Me," Ryan said. He stood up as he said it.
"Come with me," they said. They led Ryan out. I was starting to freak out a bit. Dan hadn't come back yet and they had just taken Ryan away.
"Ben Fankhauser?" Another agent asked.
"Y-yes," I replied trying to remain calm.
"I just want to ask you a few questions. You're not in trouble with us, so you can stop worrying about that," the agent said.
"What do you want?"
"I'll ask the questions, Ben. Where's the girl?"
"I don't know. She could be anywhere by now."
"Who is she with?"
"She could be with anyone," I said. I didn't want to put them in any danger.
"Ben, we aren't going to hurt them. We need to know this information for her safety," the agent said.
"I don't want her to get hurt."
"I know. I'll tell yu a story. I technically can't tell you this story, but it's the only way you'll trust us."
"Why tell me if you shouldn't?"
"You'll know we're on her side."
"Okay. What's the story about?"
"The girl," the agent said. I froze.
"What?" I asked.
"The girl you call Quinn was rescued by our department. She had no memory of who she was and an evil man was taking advantage of that. That man made her a superhero. Or as he was going to do, a weapon. But we busted in and saved her. We then lost her and have been trying to save her for a while," the agent said. I was in major shock. I was speechless. Hell, I was more than speechless. No words could describe my feeling of no words.

Andrew's POV

My phone buzzed. I reached over and looked at it. Josh had texted.
Quinn is terrified. Can you come get her? We're at Tommy's. The text read. Without much thought I threw on some clothes and ran out to get Quinn.
Halfway there I noticed that a van had been following me the whole way there. I walked a little faster and the van kept with me. I decided to try and throw them off. I turned into an alley and noticed the van had as well. I tried to jump onto a fire escape, but then realized I was too short. The van had stopped and blocked me in.
The driver side door opened and the driver came walking towards me. I went a little farther into the alley. There was a dumpster and a fire escape. I climbed onto the dumpster and tried to get onto the fire escape. The man had followed me and grabbed me by the foot.
"Let me go!" I shouted. I started to kick at him, but then felt a sharp pain go through my leg. I then fell onto the dumpster and everything went black.
When I woke up I was in the van. There were two other people back there. It was dim and I couldn't make out the faces very well.
"H-hello?" I said to the people.
"Andrew?" Josh asked.
"Josh, what's going on? Why are we here?" I asked.
"T-Tommy. He turned us into the bad guys," Josh explained. "How'd you get here?"
"The van was stalking me. Is that Quinn?"
"Yeah. They really hit her hard. I'm worried about her. She hasn't woken up yet," Josh said. His voice was overflowing with worry.
"She will wake up," I said reassuringly. I scooted over to them and sat next Quinn. I slid an arm around her. Slowly she opened her eyes.
"A-Andrew?" She asked.
"Yeah. You wanted me to get you, and I got kidnapped with you," I said. She smiled a bit.
"I'm glad you're here."
"Me too."