party time!

Wendy never thought she'd be at another Liz Toomes party in her lifetime, but here she was.

It was to celebrate the decathlon's upcoming competition in Washington D.C. They'd made it to nationals and as team captain, Liz wanted them to let off some steam before diving back into intense studying. It was a smaller party than usual, but the house was still crowded.

Wendy wasn't going to go until Liz told her she had personally seen to it that a distinguished town car service would be escorting anyone home that didn't have a ride and alcohol consumption would be limited. "3 drinks max," Liz had promised. "It's going to be a safe, fun time."

So, with her entire squad around to protect her, Wendy showed up to the Toomes household at 9:30 pm. Her parents had only agreed to let her go because it was Liz and Liz, in their eyes and in the eyes of most everyone who knew her, was perfect and could do no wrong. Wendy understood that feeling. She couldn't help but constantly be in awe of Liz. She was still in shock that they were friends.

As soon as Wendy stepped inside, Liz was hugging her.

"I'm so glad you came!" Liz gushed, pulling away and cupping Wendy's cheeks. "You have no idea how much this means to me, babe."

Wendy giggled and took Liz's hands in hers. "Well, this better be good, Toomes. I canceled plans with Spider-Man to come to this shindig."

"Which reminds me," Liz squealed, throwing her arm around Wendy's shoulders, "I want all the details. Ladies, this way."

Liz, Wendy, Margot, Angie, Erin, and MJ set up shop in the kitchen by the snacks and drinks. Betty Brant joined them after a few minutes, followed by a few girls on the cheer squad. Erin, Liz, and Angie were eager to show off the drink machine they'd designed. In order to get a drink, you had to do a thumbprint ID. After three drinks, the machine refused to serve you.

"You guys really are geniuses," Wendy sighed, admiring their work. "You should patent this and sell it."

Margot nodded. "Seriously. This could save lives, y'know? Fuck alcohol poisoning lives, Erin, Liz, and Angie are skinny."

MJ shook her head. "I hate you for saying that. But good job guys."

The cluster of girls huddled up in the corner and pestered Wendy to spill details on her new beau, Spider-Man. The news had spread around school thanks to Angie's inability to whisper. Everything was fine and dandy and fun. It felt weirdly good to make her audience shriek with every new story Wendy told about Spidey. A part of her felt guilty like she was exploiting her Peter Pan by telling her friends everything.

And then she got to thinking. Did Spider-Man talk about her to his friends? Who were his friends? The Avengers? Apparently, Peter was one of them. Did Peter know Spider-Man's secret identity? He had to if he worked at Stark Industries.

Someone screamed and Wendy just about jumped out of her skin.

Betty scowled. "What was that?"

Kaya, a girl on the cheer squad, rolled her eyes. "It's the boys. Flash Thompson bet no one could beat him in arm wrestling."

Instantly, Wendy's interest was piqued. Bet, huh? It was well known she was the queen of bets. She wondered if he was baiting her. He did that sometimes. He seemed to think they were friends because they both hated Peter Parker. It was quite the opposite, actually. Wendy was the only one allowed to fuck with Peter.

She smirked. "Challenge accepted."

"Oh yes, please knock his ego down a peg," Liz begged with a soft groan. "He thinks he's the shit now that he's on the team when he's only on because Peter quit."

"Peter's been so weird lately," Margot observed, absentmindedly taking a sip of her drink. "He quit a ton of stuff, didn't he?"

Jess, who sat behind Wendy in bio, smirked and said, "He's probably upset because the love of his life got a boyfriend."

"Who?" Wendy pressed. The bet could temporarily wait. She was always a slut for gossip. Jess looked at Wendy like she was crazy and then exchanged looks with equally bewildered Betty and Kaya. Liz, Angie, and Erin were hurriedly gulping down their drinks to avoid answering. Margot and MJ suddenly became interested in finding the bottom of the salsa bowl.

"You," Jess said simply. Wendy laughed and waited for the real answer, but it never came.

"Peter Parker hates me just like I hate him," she insisted. "It's an observable fact. But enough about Peter. It's time to make Flash look like an idiot." A cheer rose up amongst the girls. Wendy excused herself from their huddle and walked into the living room, where Flash and the boys had taken over the dining table for their wrestling purposes.

She sauntered up like the best gunslinger in the wild west arriving to a gunfight. She smirked and plopped down opposite Flash.

He grinned. "Finally. I was starting to think you'd never show."

"Don't be stupid," she teased. "I'd never miss an opportunity to embarrass you in front of the masses."

John from trig called out, "It's not a fair fight! He's cheating, I know it."

"Shut your trap," Flash snapped. Wendy chuckled and shook her head playfully. She patted the table, batting her eyelids at him. He matched her sneaky smile. He rested his elbow on the table and extended his hand. She followed suit, grabbing his hand. It was slimy and sweaty, just as she expected.

He tried to intertwine their fingers and she pretended to vomit. Their crowd was loving this. She heard whispers of bets, people putting money on her or Flash. Margot, ever the supportive friend, stepped forward and tied Wendy's hair up in a ponytail for her.

Wendy cracked her neck as Lydia, the cheer captain, counted them down.

"3, 2, 1, go!"

*

this chapter is garbage and so am i. this has barely been edited so don't @ me but also do @ me if i fucked something up. next chapter...big things are happening soon folks