X : Invitations

"Hey, Rin, come here for a second!" You turned your head at the sound of Cameron's voice, eyebrows lifted up in curiosity for what the male had to say to you.

"What's up?" You asked, leaning on the counter, far from the human customers currently chatting, drinking and eating.

"I was going to go hunting next week, I was wondering if you'd like to tag along." Your boss said in a low voice to make sure the customers don't hear the two of you.

"Sure, hunting for info or food?" You questioned.

"Both. It'd be nice if you knew how to, in case anything happens to me." The red head said, smiling. "Not that I plan on going anywhere, but it's just to make sure. I heard the CCG's after me these days."

You frowned. "Shit," You started. "Am I at risk too?"

The man shook his head. "Not yet. It'd be better if it stayed that way, too."

You nodded before the bell over the front door rang and you turned around to greet the customer, only to be met by a smiling blonde. "Hey, Naki." You happily said, watching as the man took a seat next to you at the counter.

"Hey Rin!" He said, grinning. "It's been a while, huh?"

"Er, is five days a while?" You asked.

"Yeah, sorta. Anyways, what's new?" He asked, his eyes darting from Cameron to you before staying glued on you.

"Ah, nothing much, right Cameron?" You asked, glancing at the older man, who nodded. "Sorry, Naki."

"It's fine." He waved off. "I still get to see you, right?"

"Right." You nodded, giving him a bright smile. "How have you been? Climbed any ranks in Aogiri recently?" You asked. You knew he was really proud of his high position in the Aogiri pyramid and you wanted to get any info you could on Aogiri through that.

"Not exactly." He shrugged. "Although Yamori got a new toy thing. I picked it myself! He said the girl should last him a good week!"

"That's a lot for him, isn't it?" You asked, voice perking up to match his enthusiasm, even though you felt bad for the poor girl.

"Yeah!"

"Good job, Naki! You're pretty smart, aren't you?" You praised, mentally beating yourself up for taking advantage of the poor boy's feelings.

Naki simply beamed at you until the bell rang once again, causing your heads to look back at the familiar boy with a sharp toothed grin and the smaller man following, eyepatch hiding his right eye. Why were they here?

"Welcome!" You and Cameron greeted, flashing them a smile as they settled down in the corner of the café.

"Well, I gotta go. If you want anything, tell Cameron. I'll be sure to come back to you, okay?" You said, patting his back in a friendly manner before taking out your notepad and pencil, heading towards the two quinx.

"Welcome to Le Café Gourmet, my name's Rin! Can I get you anything?" You said, writing something on the back of your notepad so they could see.

'Don't mention anything, I don't know if they can both hear from here.'

"I'd just like a cup of coffee, black." Mutsuki said nervously, obviously trying his best not to look at the two dangerous ghouls at the counter.

"And I'd just like to have your number, please." Shirazu said, smirking. Ah, yes. The friendly flirting. That was weird to explain, really. The two of you just really got along since that volley ball game and you had started to throw flirtatious remarks at each other, the main goal being getting the other extremely flustered. You always won, of course.