XIV : Requited?

You stumbled back down the stairs with Shirazu and Mutsuki, tugging at your shirt to make sure you looked presentable.

"Hm, is that them?" A voice stated, making you a tad bit nervous once again. You can't believe you're meeting Juuzou...

"Suzuya! It's rude to point!" Another voice scolded, and your nervousness increased tenfold. Scratch that, you were not only meeting Juuzou, but his squad as well.

Once you were on the first floor, your eyes went straight to the living room, where Haise, Saiko and Urie were seated, the Suzuya squad with them. Suzuya, Mikage, Abara, Nakarai, Mizurou... Yep. All there. Oh, how embarrassing this was going to be...

You nervously walked towards the group, basically feeling Juuzou's stare on you. You liked him, you really did, but why did he have to stare at you with those unsettling red eyes?

"Ah, I saved you three spots!" Haise called out, patting the empy couch. "We were waiting for you!"

"Sorry for the wait!" Mutsuki exclaimed, saluting Haise before settling down.

You decided to remain silent and simply sat next to the green haired male, Shirazu settling down on your right.

"Anyways, here's the plan--"

"You're (Y/N), right?" Suzuya asked, making your heart skip a beat. This wasn't a 'get to meet the new quinx' reunion, damn it...

Urie briefly glanced at you and you inwardly groaned.

'I don't know how I get this attention!' You thought. 'If I could, I'd give it to you, I swear!'

He seemed to have read your thoughts, since a small smile appeared on his face. A barely visible one. You were sure no one else noticed it.

"Er, yes, that's me..." You muttered, hoping that Juuzou would think you're shy and drop what ever subject he was going to talk about.

"How's the kakuja going?" He joyfully asked, flashing you a bright smile. How was that man so adorable yet so deadly and intimidating?

"Ah, well... I haven't used it yet, but... I have good control of my kakugan, so I think I'll be good with the kagune too..?" You hesitantly answered. You actually had no idea, and you were a bit scared of using your kagune. You feared it would resemble Eto's or something. You didn't want a monster like that to grow out of your back...

"That's a relief!" He sighed. "I wouldn't want to be obligated to take you down halfway through battle." He added, but in a much more serious tone.

"Suzuya..." Hanbee warned.

Instead of feeling intimidated, you simply felt insulted. "Is that a threat I'm hearing?" You asked. "I've been chosen for this for a good reason. You should have more faith in the Quinx Squad." You were very careful to say 'Quinx Squad' and not 'me'.

Mutsuki looked at you the same way Hanbee was looking at Suzuya right now, while Shirazu and Urie gave you impressed glances. Apparently no one usually talked back to Juuzou, huh?

"I do trust them, but... You're a newbie, I gotta be careful!" He said, cheerfulness back at 100%. Oh, how his mood swings were frightening... "But I like you, you're not scared of me!"

"Suzuya, that was rude!" Hanbee scolded, turning to you. "I'm sorry, he's..."

"I know, I know. It's... alright, I'll let it slide." You said, waving off the flustered bean pole of a man. "If we could get to the mission details, though? That'd be nice."

"R-right!" Haise spoke up, clearing his throat. "The Quinx and I came to an agreement on..."

And so the reunion continued in a much more civilized manner. It was over very soon, since the Suzuya squad had no problems with the way your squad had planned it all.