Chapter 2

The first two parts were different in perspective. So, this is the actual start with The Rookie.

Enjoy!

_________________________________________

 Not many people know who I am. I just graduated from the harsh and cruel place called boot camp. I've only fought in a few battles, but just as help with ammunition and targeting. Nothing special as sniping or combat. Recently I have joined the ODST soldiers to fight in true battles. I've been called "The Rookie" for being new to the team. I myself like the name, at least I have a name like the others. I myself am ranked as a Lance Corporal, there is only one other ODST soldier who has the Lance Corporal rank. Hopefully I will be able to meet him soon; but now I have been given a mission by Captain Keyes.

"So, where are they sending you?" my friend Nickleson questioned at the training center. I had been given time before I deploy so, I decided to head back to training.

"I've been assigned a mission down on earth, to rescue some ODST that got lost or trapped, you think with just six ODST we can stop the covenant forces?" I ask, him while cleaning out my rifle. I ask him because out of the others that I know he is the most experienced. Some say he's even worked with the legendary Master Chief.

"With the courage and bravery my friend, you can stop them forces yourself!" he responded, while shooting down the range. I consider myself lucky to know Nickleson. He puts anything in a good mood and helps you see a good side. I glance down at the range watching his target. Can this guy shoot or what! Hitting every target dead center creating a narrow hole on the thin sheet of steel, shaped like an elite.

"All I have to tell you Rookie, is that out there, are monsters. They are there to kill whoever is in their way. No matter what you see, stay strong and focus. Without focus you are done, and one more thing. Also, it is luck," he tells me setting his rifle down. I think about what he's said, I look up at Nickleson, seeing he's watching me.

"Luck, you sure did work close with the Chief didn't ya," I tell him with a smile. I grabbed all the ammunition I could carry and loaded my twenty-two caliber rifle. Then grabbed my nine millimeter pistol. Many say a rifle is all you'll need, but I would give a risk. Once loaded and packed extra ammunition I placed my pistol in its carrier. I grabbed my helmet and turned to Nickleson, he stands in a saluting position. I give a salute back and turn around.

"Good luck out there, you'll need it" he says, standing in the same position. I walk out of the center checking the time. Holding my helmet under my right arm I continue walking down the lone corridors of the area. My first solo mission in battle, I think to myself. Passing the training yard for the other soldiers, I see them jogging around in uniform. Some in the armor practicing their aiming. I've noticed the ODST suits are much more protective and stronger. One more thing that makes me proud to be an ODST.

Once I arrived at the pod launching base I met Captain Keyes. He stood on the side watching what was going on. The commanding officer stood by the pod waiting for me. I've never been sent through a pod before so this would be a new experience, even though that's what ODSTs do. I place my helmet over my head and watched the screen adapt to the lighting. Slowly I approached the pod and stood inside. The officer before closing the pod gave me a salute. He slowly closed the pod door, enclosing myself. Once everything was set I awaited to be launched. Time passed by as I saw both Captain Keyes and the commander stepped back. Then, suddenly the doors opened and the pod dropped. I felt the pressure of falling. The pod was rocketing down to earth. I couldn't move a muscle, my stomach felt as if it went up to my lungs. The closer the pod got to earth it started to warm up inside. After about three minutes of the falling sensation; the pod crashed on earth standing straight up. I quickly tried to catch my breath and concentrate. The pod door was still closed; I looked around inside the pod and found a pull lever. Once I pulled it, the door shot off about five feet away.

I grabbed my rifle from the side and took my first step on earth after decades ago. The area seemed to be filling with fog. The sky was getting darker and my helmet changed into night vision. I landed right in the center of a small park, I quickly glanced at my surroundings. Thinking that the pod could have left a trail, which it did looking up in the sky, I searched around for a good hiding spot. The park had buildings surround it from a distance. Most of them seemed to have been destroyed or seem to collapse at any moment. Then, in the far right corner I found a sound building and ran towards it being aware of my surroundings. Ram the door I busted the door open. Inside I found a staircase leading to the top floor. Once checking that my surroundings were clear; I let low for a while.

Here I begin my mission. Start off alone and to find the rest. With any chance all I do need is luck.

________________________________________

I know this chapter is short, but it will get longer and better!

So, what did you think?

Comment, vote and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Thanks for reading!!