Chapter 9- final

• Dedicated to To the five friends listed at the end ;)

I was taken back, the debris, explosions, war. I went back up to the top of the building Mickey was sniping from. Trying my best to shoot some kills without shooting at any of the marines. This fight has been going on for hours, the covenant are just nonstop. Many were dying from fatigue and wounds. The life of a marine, ODST, or really any soldier is tough. My vision once more started to fade, the noise went away until it was all black.

A light appeared from a distance away. Increasing in size towards me, with a flash, I saw...myself. Young in camp with other cadets. The instructors yelling out commands to our group as we marched around as one. The look my face, transitioning from a young boy who wanted to fight, to a marine. The serious tone of my brown eyes and the freshly cut hair. The scene doesn't stay long though, suddenly I'm at the course.

"Crawl crawl crawl!! You are marines, strong and fierce! Move!!" The instructor exclaimed. Three cadets including myself were crawling under barbed wires in the mud, in a cold rain storm. Some coughing from the cold and mud in their mouths. Others exhausted and stopping, causing the instructors to fire live rounds around us. The cruel scenes are not war, but just training. At the end not all graduate and become a soldier of the UNSC.

From then on, another flash occurs and I appear in a room. In my hand I hold a card key, facing me was a bed table with robot arms with syringes. Taking one deep breath I scanned the card and laid on the table. It was quiet for a moment, then a green light scanned my body as I prepared to change. The robot arms activated and started moving to my head and arms. About an inch from penetrating my skin, I closed my eyes and felt the syringes in my head inject the liquid. Soon after, a rush went through my entire body, a pain arose, pressure formed. My heart beat started increasing, clutching my fists with the pain, I felt myself...grow.

Awakening, I walked out of the room and walked down the steal paneled hall. The lights were dim, and I was the only one there. At the end of the hall I saw my one true dream. Right in front, there I stood facing my ODST suit. Looking in the mirror before wearing the suit, I had grown muscle, I've grown in height. I looked stronger. This all started to fade again, but instead of having another flash, I heard a voice.

"Rookie!! Wake up!" the yelling of Mickey's voice brought me back from the past. Once fully awakening I realized we were still fighting. Sitting up quick I grabbed my rifle and turned back to the ground under us. Shockingly the covenant started to overrule us. With no doubt this was the end. The Master Chief had still been fighting non-stop against them. Looking at some of the elites, I saw the expression of fear and anger. "Are the other ODST still alive Mickey?"

"Buck was shot down a while ago while trying to save a group of marines were being attacked by brutes. Then it's just the rest of us." Mickey spoke, while taking a deep breath. Another is gone, this is the last stand, and we will finish this now! Looking through my scope I took several shots at elites, grunts and jackles. While looking far back when aiming, a large covenant ship had dropped a few scouts. The ship didn't look like the ones they used for these scouts though. It was larger and round in the front and larger in the back. Questions started forming, but to my guess, it has been there for quite a while.

Looking back down at the field. Everyone started to slow down, the nonstop explosions and gun shots. The burn marks on concrete walls and rims from the plasma shots of the elite's weapon. Then, one elite had grown furious, took out an energy sword and headed for the Master Chief and marines. Astonishingly, he was stopped and rose off the ground as if being grabbed. The elite struggled looking confused. Slowly appearing from an invisibility shield appeared an even bigger elite.

"ENOUGH!!!" suddenly, all the shooting stopped and became quiet. Once fully visible an elite with different armor as the other's appeared. His armor with silver and bronze reflecting from the sun. He let go of the helpless elite. Most of the other covenant scouts like grunts and jackles slowly bowed down in honor of this elite. "What is all of this? disgrace to the covenant! Worthless!"