Chapter 8

"We have found... The Master Chief, Sir." The Rookie reported, as Captain Keyes stood up from watching the space pass by. I watched from my projector as his face filled up with pride and accomplishment. He walked over the hologram table and searched for the ODST's location, there I also saw him. Standing tall and with no fear, John-117 battled the covenant and brutes. What I wonder is, after he disappeared, war started with the covenant once more. It was thought that there was peace but, he seemed to control the peace. He is known as the demon to the covenant and after seeing that there was no need to work together, they turned.

"I want you to prepare a squad and deploy our marines down there and take back our world! This is it, we will finally end this war once and for all!" Captain Keyes ordered the frigate through the intercom. Then, he turns around to face me. He walks over to a safe in the wall and rotates the numbers. Once opening the safe, he took out something important. The thing that kept me connected with everyone and especially John. "There will be a special team that is to deliver you to the Master Chief and you will explain what is to say, that's it. Not a word from the Arbiter."

Once stepping onto the chip, I scanned through everything and waited to be back in John-117's HUD.

No one really knows about the Arbiter anymore. He just vanished after leaving the ceremony on the hill. A theory that I believe in, the covenant have no leader, and they have no mind. The heretics have been stopped, believed that the great terror of the Flood had been ended. What else do these covenant want?

**

"The demon!" an elite yelled as he sprinted up the stars. The master chief had just watched him. Taking out an energy sword, the elite stood in front of us, he stared mainly to the Chief. Holding his left hand into a fist, the elite growled and ran right to the Chief. Quick reaction he rose is rifle and shot him on the elite's right shoulder, then grabbing him by the throat. "Where is your peace? You don't control us! Grrr... Even your friend the Arbiter could stop us...nothing... you...can do!" the elite exclaimed.

"You've been stopped before, and there is no difference." the Chief spoke before shooting through the elite's chest, causing him to instantly die. "The rest of you spread out"

Dare and I ran to different positions across the border and started shooting the others below us. Not too soon above in the air pelicans started to fly by. Reinforcements, just what we need. The ropes dropped on top of buildings as the marines started to drop. Probably enough to cover the huge area we were fighting in. "grenade!"

Turning back to a long jump the concrete rim exploded into pieces. My helmet had cracked and the HUD readings had started to scatter and cut. Making it harder to see, I just took it off and stood up. Looking around I found Dare lying on the ground with I movement. Running over to her I took off her helmet. The stones had penetrated and killed her. Marines started to arrive when I ordered two of them to move her to the back. They followed as ordered and continued on.

So this is how it feels to be in a war, with the marines taking orders. "Rookie, we need to go west and cover there. The marines will take the rest here," Mickey spoke.

****** 

Cortana:

"Master Chief, sir. The commander want led this to be delivered to your." I heard the soldier speak as I still waited. Once placed in his HUD, I was soon connected with the Chief. "Nice to see you again," I spoke as I appeared on the left corner of the HUD.

"Good to have an old friend, where is their weak point to strike" I scanned the area and selected a path. "I'd say go down the path to the right and attack from the back"

He drew a grenade and threw it down the path towards a couple brutes. He jumped and shoot the confused brutes and ended their lives. The Chief moved in a swift way that he seemed untouchable. Grunt after grunt, jackals and elites falling. Also, marines also started to fall, more and more covenant started to join the fight.

** 

Rookie:

"They just keep coming, we need a plan Dutch" I spoke. I saw the Chief fight most of them on the far side, but more covenant keep coming through into the area. Dare had been killed, Romeo had been injured.

Grabbing the case full of grenades by my side, I grabbed two at a time and threw them to groups of elites. This idea was somewhat effective. A couple snipers fell from the shots Mickey took, marines fighting off the jackals and grunts. The area was covered in smoke with explosions here as there. The walls and rims destroyed.

Now we wonder if we could win.

______________________

so! Maybe 1 or 2 more chapters until the end.

What do you think will happen?!

COMMENT VOTE

THANKS FOR READING!!!! :D