Chapter 5

"Hunters! Take cover!" Romeo yelled, while ducking behind a concrete wall. Quickly looking around, my only hope was a car. Jumping to a black police car I took cover and reloaded my rifle. I was able to hear the growling of the hunters. These were giant soldiers of the covenant that are hard to defeat. Almost fully covered with armor. One arm was a shield to protect itself while the other held a big green plasma beam. Just then the car across my direction was shoot with the green beam and was destroyed.

"Hey, Rookie, wait for them to calm down and relax. Once they are set we shoot them on the back where they are exposed," Romeo spoke through the communicator. He seemed to know about them. Good thing I'm not alone to fight these guys or I would surely be dead. Taking a small glance from the side of the car I carefully watched my opponents. There were only two hunters. One was standing still waiting for something, while the other walked up straight with his guard down. Looking over I saw Romeo sneaking around not being seen. He must be going after the one with its guard down.

"Once I take my first shot, take aim for the one on guard," Romeo spoke in a hushed voice. Fixing my position I was ready to shoot. Waiting for a moment, I finally heard Romeo shoot. Right then I stood up and aimed for the hunter. It was turned around shooting at Romeo. I took my shot and I missed by like an inch. Realizing that he was shot the hunter turned around and shot the police car. With the force of the shot the car slid towards me into the car behind. Being stuck under both cars I tried to move but couldn't. I heard the hunter getting closer while growling. Once it stood right next to the police car it growled once more and using his shield the hunter slammed the car against the building. In a quick second I raised my rifle and shot the hunter's orange exposed spot while his shield was up. It wasn't enough to kill him, but pushed him back giving me enough time to escape. Limp-running to the center of the road the hunter shot I front of me; without thinking I dropped and slid under the beam and continued to run. Up ahead Romeo was still fighting the other hunter. I turned around and saw that the hunter was following me while moving everything in its way with its shield.

"Come on! Come and get me!" I yelled, while reaching in a pocket for a grenade. It growled once more. Once seeing the hunter got closer to a pile of cars I pulled the ring and threw the grenade at the cars. At the same time I tried to move ahead. A second later I heard an explosion from behind causing me to jump a bit. Turning back I saw the hunter laying on the ground with its back armor blown off. Feeling confident I completely forgot about Romeo.

"Hey! Rookie I need you help here!" Romeo yelled. Turning back I saw Romeo running back to a cornered area. The hunter following him ready to shot. Taking aim I shot in the direction of the hunter to distract it for a moment. It worked, it turned around and spotted me. Then, it started heavily-running towards my direction. I Romeo pick something up from the ground and started running behind the hunter silently. Not realizing it the hunter shot at me, I quickly dropped avoiding the beam. It also growled as it got closer. Then I heard an explosion, standing up I saw the hunter had turned around to face Romeo. Just in reach the hunter hit Romeo with his shield causing Romeo to fly back into a wall.

"Oh my god," I said I watched. Seeing that the hunter was still going towards Romeo I pulled up my rifle and repeatedly shot him in the exposed area. Soon after the hunter dropped dead and I ran to Romeo as fast as I could. Once arriving to where Romeo was I saw he laid on his back. He moaned a bit. I knelt down and took off his now cracked helmet. He seemed to be fine, but was also injured in the back from the hit to the wall. "Now you saved me Rookie," he said, and put on a smile.

"You think you can continue on?" I ask him. He slowly grabbed his rifle.

"Of course I can, I am here to fight until I die," he says, while slowly standing up. "After all we are ODST,"

_____________________________________

What did you think?

Comment vote whatever!!

*and yes this chapter is short.....