Chapter 7

We all teamed up and took our ways, so there was more coverage on the field. The pod had crashed about ten minutes ago and we, Romeo and I, are close to the landing zone. It felt great to have found the others and now we all work together. It was probably around one in the morning in the moment, and we have no time to sleep. Even though I haven't had any sleep in a couple of days, I feel aware of everything because my life is at risk. Looking over at Romeo, I saw he was growing tired to the point where his sniper rifle wasn't held high. I had yet to ask Romeo how long he was here or why. Now seemed like a good moment for the silence.

"I've been wondering Romeo. How long have you been here?" he props himself up, there was a small silence as we walked down a dark wet ally. There was a mist forming on the ground and everything seemed quiet, too quiet. "I've been here for about two weeks"

"There was a team to evacuate the city. Most of the civilians had escaped with the rest of the team. Unfortunately, I had gotten lost and passed out in a post office building, by the time I had regained consciousness, I was alone." I didn't expect to hear what he had just said. He must be a strong one cause I've only been here less than a week, and now I have a team. Looking up ahead, the sky had started turning red. Smoke started to arise from the top of a building about a couple hundred yards away.

"This is Dutch and Dare, everyone heads up. There are personnel surrounding the area of the pod, but they have yet to find it, so hurry up!" Dutch ordered us. We started to increase our pace to a mid-jogging speed. Just as we reached the end of the ally, we were stopped by another announcement.

"Hold you positions! We aren't the only ones fighting the covenant, there are brutes starting to invade the covenant scouts." Mickey reported. So Romeo and I slowed our pace, and found an entrance to one of the buildings in the ally. Once walking in, Romeo had searched around and found that we were in an armory. All types of rifles, shot guns, ammunition and pistols. Oh this is an advantage that we are sure to have. I grabbed some semi-automatic rifles and a case full of grenades.

"Oh this is my favorite rifle, the M-16, with its nice grenade launcher," Romeo spoke as if he was a kid in a candy store. After gathering what we could, we headed up towards the roof. The roof was pretty much empty so there weren't any places for cover except the concrete border. Looking down at the center, we saw the elites and brutes in combat. I haven't seen a brute until now and they look pretty intimidating. Covered in brown fur resembling apes, with their own kind of weapons. They smash grunts into walls and yell out. Searching around for a moment, I spotted the pod just at the border of the area. It seemed to be hard to reach to it for the shape of the center.

Just then I heard a shot fire and saw one of the elites fall dead on the ground. I looked over at Romeo who shook his head, looking to my left about three buildings down I saw Mickey with a sniper rifle. Most of the grunts and jackals had scattered to the upper roads and the brutes stayed fighting the elites. "Everyone take your positions. Rookie and Dare will head for the pod, I will follow them while Mickey and Romeo cover us from the top."

"Now move!" I headed down the stair well and arrived at the front entrance of the building. The fighting of the brutes and elites was still going on about fifteen yards away. Still too close to be spotted, then from a corner store Dutch stood at the door way. Still waiting for Dare, I held my position, just watching the brutal force of the brutes. The elite's growls and efforts while the brutes turn to a stampede an ram the elites. Some of them were able to avoid the hit and penetrate the Brute's back with an energy sword. Once the brute had fallen dead, the elite, a white one with gray details, stood on top of the brute and let out an intimidating growl while commanding the others to attack the brutes. "Are we moving or what?"

Dare had appeared right behind me, must have been focused on watching them fight to notice Dare. I followed Dare jogging on the shadowed sidelines while Dutch was behind to cover us. It became hard to concentrate with all the explosions and the growls of both brutes and elites. Jumping over trash bins and car pieces I slowly got further behind Dare, the restless days of sleep were starting to catch up. My breathing steadily became heavier and my pace slowed. Slowly my vision started to go too, all together I stumble over a loose tire and fall down. I try to force myself up when I hear a growl behind me.

"Grrr, small worthless humans!" I hear an elite yell out. Turning myself over to face the elite, it was the same white elite I had seen earlier. He stared at me while he mouthed a few words with his split jaws. As I attempted to move the elite grabbed me by the neck without arm and held me a foot off the ground. He held a strong grip with his slim hand, I tried moving his hand but it became difficult. The elite growled once more right when I saw Dutch run towards the elite and tackle him down. Right there he had loosened his grip and I dropped trying to catch my breath. Dutch had been punching the elite and hitting him with his rifle. After a moment he stood up and shot the elite in the head. The blue blood slowly start flowing out as Dutch faced me.

"What in the world was that?!" Dutch yelled out. I picked up my rifle and looked for Dare, she had stopped just a couple yards ahead. Dutch started firing rounds at upcoming grunts and jackles. He waved his arm towards Dare saying to move on. Focusing I started to run watching for anything that can that can trip on. Once reaching Dare, we both jogged closer to the pod. "Ignore Dutch, he can be aggressive at times and gets ticked off from any mistakes" Dare spoke through the communicator.

Once arriving to the pod, I saw that it had crashed through a building. Before walking into the, what seemed like a furniture store, I searched around for any followers. No one had seemed to continue following, so we both headed inside. There was debris everywhere making it had to see. We both activated the helmet lights and slowly walked towards the pod. I moved some of the stones out of the way, making a pathway. The further in we walked in, it became harder to see. "This is it, let's see who or what is in this pod."

I watched as Dare unlocked the outside locks on the pod and signaled me. Walking over, the pod looked larger than me; getting a grip on the door both Dare and I pulled on the door. A cracking noise increased as the door slowly opened. When there was enough space, the door shot open releasing a white gas from the pod. Waving our arms to clear the air there was a small groan. Once the air was cleared I saw Dare take off her helmet and look shocked. "We have found....The...Master Chief!"

Looking over at the Spartan I was surprised how big he was. He didn't move though, Dare grabbed him as I helped and we set him on the ground. "We just need to check his vitals and reboot. This should only take a moment" 

I watched Dare as she located parts on his helmet. After a moment the Master Chief arose standing seven feet tall. He looked at the both of us while moving his muscles.

"Sir, it's nice to have you back. We need your help. Things have changed and you are our last hope" Dare explained with a salute. In amazement, I reached for my spare battle rifle and handed it to Master Chief. He took the rifle and held it high, he looked straight down at the doors.

"Let's finish this fight"

__________________________________

:D he finally is back!!!! 

Yay!!!!! 

Even I'm excited XD

please leave comments, it would help a lot!! Please!!!

Thanks for reading!!!