All Bets Are Off!

It had been a long two days for poor Cuphead and Mugman

It had been a long two days for poor Cuphead and Mugman. But it still wasn't over! They entered Inkwell Hell after collecting soul contracts from the residents of the three Inkwell Islands. Cuphead strode into this hell with his brother following behind him. He could hear his brother panting from their exhausting journey.

"Come on, Mugman. We can't rest right now. It's getting late and the Devil expects us to be there by midnight. You know what will happen if we don't..." Cuphead explained to the mug and waved him forward with his white gloved hand. Mugman slowly caught up to his brother in a slumped posture. Even his white and blue straw that extended from the top of his head drooped down. His silver mug head was lined with drops of sweat. Unfortunately for Mugman, it was only going to get hotter the closer they got to the Devil. The little blue-nosed mug couldn't understand why Cuphead wasn't as tired and effected by the heat as he was. His blue shorts and black long-sleeve t-shirt were plastered to his silver body that was made of glass. Mug looked up in jealousy at his brother's perfectly erect straw and wished he could have the same composure that Cuphead did. The cup put a hand on his brother's back to help him keep up. Mugman felt his sopping wet clothes get pressed even harder to his glass skin. The little mug did his best to wipe away the sweat and have a can-do attitude.

"You're right. We're so close to getting our soul contracts back!" Mugman now beamed. The two cups knew that they would have to get past the Devil's lackey before getting to the big-man himself. Two rows of red die created a pathway up to the Devil's Casino. Cup and Mug approached a large golden door. They could barely reach the handle, so they decided to knock and hopefully be let in. Cuphead knocked three times on the door. The sound seemed to echo throughout the deafeningly quiet environment. Mugman flinched as the sound carried. He feared that it might attract something extra to their location. Within a couple of seconds, a humanoid skeleton opened the door. The two cups dashed in, not knowing how long the skeleton would have kept the door open.

Cuphead and Mugman stopped dead as they saw the very craps table where they nearly lost their souls to the Devil. Behind the coffin-shaped table stood the Devil's right-hand man, King Dice himself. A man dressed in a purple tuxedo and bowtie with a dice cube for a head addressed the boys.

 A man dressed in a purple tuxedo and bowtie with a dice cube for a head addressed the boys