Brother or Monster?

The two cups exited the casino and walked next door to a golden gate with a lock on it. Cuphead looked down at the ring of keys he had been given. He scratched his cup, wondering which key would open the gate. The boys didn't have to wonder long before a large black key seemed to gravitate toward the lock.

"See? What did I tell you? Easy!" Cuphead boasted as he grabbed the key that pointed toward the lock. The key clicked inside the lock and the two cups pushed on the gate. It flew open with ease. A pulse of heat came flooding out of the Devil's lair. It was the fiery heat of Hell. And Mugman could tell this as a thick layer of sweat encompassed his glass body in an instant. He tried to wipe sweat away from his mug as he followed Cuphead further into the monster's domain. The two cups entered the Devil's lair, surprised to see a bright environment of red and gold colors. A multitude of expensive artifacts lined the Devil's quarters. Most likely all prizes from bets that he's won over time. Unfairly of course. Cuphead led the way as they approached a large throne. Its frame was a bright gold color and the cushions blood red. Upon this throne the Devil sat. His black furry body contrasted greatly against his surroundings. The only parts of his body that did not have fur were his gray four-clawed hands and feet and two white straight horns that extended from the top of his round head. Two imp ears protruded from the sides of his melon. He glared down at the boys with his piercing yellow eyes as they approached.

 He glared down at the boys with his piercing yellow eyes as they approached

"Well, well, well... look how far you've come!" The Devil boomed, holding out his right arm in a welcoming fashion. In his other hand was a golden trident. "Not only did you bust up my good-for-nothing lackey, King Dice..." A skinny tail that ended in a spade shape lashed back and forth as he said this. "...but I see you've got my soul contracts, as agreed! Hand 'em over, and join my team!"

"Hold on there!" Mug protested. "The deal was we get the soul contracts to you, and you give ours back!" The little mug wasn't about to stand for the Devil's unfair treatment.

"Perhaps you didn't hear the deal, child." The Devil said casually. "And I quote my previous words, 'I MIGHT pardon you, little mugs'."

The two cups gritted their teeth, remembering that was indeed what the creature said.

"Mug's right! We're not just going to hand over the contracts to you!" Cuphead backed up his brother. Both of them had fistfuls of contracts that they now hid behind their backs.

"Oh, you'll be handing them over whether you want to or not..." The Devil sneered. His golden trident was then pointed towards the boys. Acting like a magnet, the scrolls flew from the mugs' hands toward the trident. They disappeared at the moment they came in contact with its pointed ends.

"Hey you can't do that!" Mug shouted.

"Where did those contracts go?" Cuphead questioned.

"They are now in my soul contract library, just like the rest." The creature replied. "Not that you will ever see them, or yours, ever again!" He then let out a wicked laugh.