One Hell of a Time

"So you're welching on me just like all the others, eh... I'll teach you for backing out of a deal – have at you!" The Devil sneered with his eyes flaring red. Cuphead readied his magic shots while the Devil poised to strike with his trident. The black creature walked toward the young cup while Cuphead ran towards his opponent. It spun its trident between two fingers. Four orbs appeared around the trident. Three were blue and one was pink. He then motioned the trident for the orbs to home in on Cuphead. The young cup watched the orbs carefully and dodged them accordingly. He made sure to bounce off the pink one with a magic charge shot in his hand. An orange pulse traveled from Cup's hand and exploded on the Devil's face. His black face was forced to the side from the explosion of the shot. A grumble emitted from his throat. He turned back to see Cuphead charging him and loosing a red spread shot from his finger. Five arrow shaped lines of magic homed in on the Devil's body. The creature groaned in pain as each one of the arrow heads penetrated his black fur. Cuphead had to stand at close range for this type of attack to make contact.

"Enough!" The Devil roared and smacked Cuphead with the side of the trident's three prongs.

"Ooof!" Cup grunted as he was taken off his feet. The cup child landed on his bottom. He quickly got up only to see the monster spinning his trident again. This time four mini versions of the Devil spawned before the cup's eyes. These mini versions were purple in color instead of the original's black and a little larger than either of the cup brothers. They all dashed for Cuphead with their teeth and claws poised to strike. The young cup did not know where to look when all four jumped at him at the same time. Cup loosed an orange charge shot at the one on the far right. It disappeared as soon as the shot hit it. He quickly changed to the spread shot to rid himself of another mini. A second one disappeared before his eyes. The third mini came so close to him that he didn't have time to loose any magic shots. Instead, Cuphead's left fist quickly rose up and met its face. It tumbled away but did not disappear. By this time, the fourth mini was literally on top of Cuphead. It pushed the cup child down by his arms. Cup quickly retaliated by kicking the small demon off him.

Mug was watching the heated battle with fearful eyes. He feared that his brother wouldn't stand a chance by himself. Not against the Devil. Feeling obligated to help Cuphead, Mug tried to stand up.

I must help Cuphead....I must!The young mug was determined to aid his brother in the toughest fight of his life. His cracked body rattled violently as he pushed himself to stand up. Poor Mugman was still in a lot of pain.

The two remaining mini demons recovered almost instantly and charged for Cuphead again. Cup narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth as he watched the copies carefully. He was unaware that the Devil was planning an attack. Mugman happened to notice the Devil's arms elongating. They stretched wide around the cup child and its minions. Two gray hands traveled quickly toward Cup. Mug gasped and yelled a warning to his brother.

"Cuphead! Duck!" The red-strawed cup obeyed his brother's words and instantly dropped to the ground with his hands covering his cup and eyes squeezed shut. Cuphead missed the Devil's strike by a thread as his hands violently clapped together. It would have squished and cracked Cuphead's head if it had made contact. Cup opened his eyes to see both of the mini devils lunging toward him with their fangs bared. He flinched when an orange magic shot exploded on both of them, causing them to dissolve into thin air. The young cup looked behind himself to see Mugman standing up. Mug's left hand retreated from a firing position to his injured arm.

"I'm coming to help you, Cuphead!" Mugman called out as best he could.

"No Mugs! You're too hurt! Stay there!" Cup called to his brother as he stood up.

"You can't do this by yourself!" Mug called out as he started to walk off the platform and into the battlefield.

"No! Don't come any closer!" Cup hissed at Mug. The big nosed cup noticed the Devil planning another attack. Its spade tail elongated and lashed toward Cuphead.