Home Sweet Home/The Celebration

"We shall accept your surrender, Devil." Cuphead laughed. "But we're not done just yet!" The creature dreaded what may come out of the young cup's mouth next. "Where's your soul contract library?" A gray finger shakily pointed back toward the throne room.

"T-the th-throne room. T-to th-the r-right." The creature stuttered out the least amount of words he possibly could. Cuphead ushered Mugman to come with him. They grabbed all of the soul contracts that they had collected over the previous two days. The boys then traveled back to the cavern. Cup and Mug promptly threw all of the soul contracts into the roaring hellfire. They wanted the Devil to witness all of his servants being released from their debts. The creature could do nothing to stop them. He had been beaten. And he very well knew it.

"Now you'll have plenty of time to sit here and think about what you've done to everyone!" Cuphead teased the mortally injured demon. "Maybe you'll think twice before snatching someone's soul again!"

"Let's go home." Mug suggested.

"I couldn't agree with you more." Cuphead added. "Gosh, I can't wait to tell everybody!" The boys began to head for home.

"C'mon, last one there's a leaky cup!" Mugman teased as they began to run. The young mug forgot about the crack on his leg and stepped down a little too hard.

"Ow!" He hollered. Cuphead immediately came to a halt and turned around.

"Er, maybe I'll be the leaky cup." Mugman said with a small chuckle. Cup walked back to his brother.

"There's not going to be a leaky cup." Cuphead said as he sympathetically put a hand on Mugman's shoulder. "Because we're going to make it back together. No one's first. And no one's last." Smiles formed on the brothers' cups. They slowly made their way back through the three Inkwell Islands. Along the way, they ushered the former debtors to follow them. The only thing the brothers told the residents was that they had a big announcement. Elder Kettle heard cheers from outside his home.

            "They're back! Cuphead and Mugman are back!" He heard his neighbors, the Root Pack, cheer

"They're back! Cuphead and Mugman are back!" He heard his neighbors, the Root Pack, cheer. Using his cane to steady himself, the old kettle stood up and joined everyone outside. He saw his two boys standing up on a brown stage. All of the fellow debtors eagerly surrounded the stage, wondering what the brothers were going to say. Elder Kettle squeezed himself between the residents to get closer to the stage. He got up there just in time for Cuphead to give the news.

"You're all free from the Devil's debt!" Cuphead announced.

"And that fiend won't bother us again!" Mugman added. Elder Kettle was literally brimming with pride at the boys' words.

"Let's hear it for Cuphead and Mugman! Hip-hip-hurrah! Hip-hip-hurrah!" The crowd began to cheer. Cup and Mug began to blush from their new friends' praising.