Wishing for Death...

Why am I not dead? Mug wondered as he heard heavy steps coming in his direction. The little mug cried loudly as a gloved hand pressed down on his mug. Mugman could feel his brother breathing on his neck. The monster bared its teeth and prepared to bite the young mug on his head. Its attention was reverted elsewhere when it heard a snap from its master's fingers. The Devil motioned for the possessed cup to hand over its prey. It growled angrily before tossing little Mug to him. Mugman felt his body flung through the air again. This time his body was caught by a different hand. Confused, Mugman forced his eyes open to see what was going on. He instantly regretted opening his eyes as he now stared into the black creature's piercing yellow eyes. A glint in the deity's eyes made Mugman remember an old memory. The mug's eyes widened and straw straightened as he realized that he had seen the Devil before. Mugman shivered in fear as he vividly recalled a day when he was a toddler.

"It was you... You were there!" Mugman stuttered out. He shuddered as a flood of emotions came over him. Depression, fear, and anger clouded his mind. This mix of emotions left Mugman speechless. He didn't know how to react to the creature.

"I was indeed there, little tea cup." The Devil replied with his wicked smile. "That very fateful day for both of you." He felt like toying with the little mug. In fact, that was just how the Devil saw the boys and other beings: a toy. Able to be manipulated however he wanted them to be and at any time. The black monster knew that his powers and abilities were far superior to anyone on the three Inkwell Islands...or in the world for that matter. Two clawed fingers grabbed Mug's straw. It was then aggressively stirred around in the liquid in Mugman's head. Small gloved hands swatted at the Devil's paw. Stirring the liquid didn't hurt the child. But it sure as hell was annoying! The Devil stopped stirring the liquid after a couple seconds. His demonic cup slave caught his attention. It made him laugh. Mugman wasn't sure he wanted to know why the Devil was laughing. The black creature turned him around anyway and shared what he was taking joy in seeing. Mug saw his brother standing there breathing heavy. Its large hands swatted at nothing as the cup acted like there were enemies around him. The energy within him was nearly visible.

"Look at him!" The Devil beamed. "He is a pure monster of destruction! And he will be my best and most powerful servant." Mugman turned around the best he could and yelled at the Devil for saying such things.

"Don't you talk about my brother like that!" The little mug yelled as best he could.

"Ha! You make me laugh kid. You can't seriously believe that thing is still your brother." He pointed accusingly at the possessed cup. His teeth started to grow sharp and pointy.

"Cuphead is still in there somewhere!" Mugman believed that his brother was not completely lost to the darkness. The Devil, however, was more than happy to test that theory. A red forked tongue flicked out of the monster's mouth as its sharp teeth gleamed at the child.

"Let's try this again." The black creature leaned down and held out the young mug toward his servant. "Does this look like your brother?" Two fiery pupils turned in Mug's direction before the rest of the body followed. Mugman could only watch in fear as the demonic cup leapt at an incredible speed toward him. Its jaws opened wide. The Devil casually moved Mugman just out of the demon's reach. Sawblade-like teeth closed loudly against one another in front of the young mug's face. Mug had to lean backwards to avoid his nose getting sliced. The loud noise of the teeth clanging together made the child jump and close his eyes. Tears started to form in the mug's eyes. He tried to hold back sobs as he was brought face level with the Devil once more. The Devil showed its large teeth when tears streamed down Mugman's face.

"Still not convinced?" The black creature inquired. "Let's see if he helps you if your life is at stake." He took great joy in what he was about to do to the young mug. After lowering the child halfway to the ground where his slave could see, the grip on Mugman's torso immediately began to squeeze and tighten. Two fiery pupils watched as Mug began to scream in pain. Mugman's body violently thrashed about as he tried to get free from the Devil's death grip. The gray paw did not plan to let up anytime soon. Mug's screams intensified just as the hold did. Cracks began to form on the little mug's torso.