Weird Ruler Guy

{Sorry If You Don't Live In America Because There's Some References You Might Not Get}

"Trust me when I say I wasn't." I chuckled.

"My name's Evan by the way." He smiled. I nodded and smiled back.

"Class quiet down please. Who can name the 5th president of the United States?" Mr. Roony, my history teacher asked.

Rudy raised his hand.

"Abraham Lincoln!" He shouted. Evan scowled.

"No! That's the 15th president." The girl next to him corrected.

"I can't tell if that was a joke or not." Mr. Roony said while shaking his head, "Anyone else?"

"James Monroe." Evan said as he raised his hand slightly.

"Very good! Uh, sorry, who are you again?" The teacher asked.

"E-Evan. I'm new here." He blushed.

"Ah, well, welcome to our school Evan." Mr. Roony smiled.

"What's your name?" Evan whispered as the teacher began rambling about James Monroe.

I thought for a second, "Jason." I smiled.

"Kyle and Evan stop talking please." Mr. Roony said from a crossed the room. Evan raised an eyebrow towards me.

"Kyle? I thought it was Jason." He frowned.

I shrugged and he rolled his eyes.

We paid attention to the rest of the class. The bell rang and I grabbed Evan's arm as he tried to leave.

"What?" He asked.

"Let me see your schedule." I demanded, holding out my hand. He pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and gave it to me.

"I'm circling all the classes we have together. Cool?" I asked. He nodded.

"We have this class, Lunch, and Science together." I handed him back the paper.

"Cool." He smiled. We walked out of the classroom . A jock named Dean walked up to us.

"Dude, Jacob! We still studying tonight?" He asked me.

"Oh. Uh, yeah!" I nodded.

"Great! See you then!" He winked and walked towards his group of friends.

"Why'd he wink?" Evan asked.

"I don't know. He winks a lot, but I don't think he knows he does it. It still makes me weak in the knees though." I blush.

"And you have the nerve to lecture me about rulers." Evan laughed.

"Shut up Evan." I playfully punched him.

"He doesn't even know your name. He called you Jacob." He pointed out.

"No one knows my real name." I frowned.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know." I lied.

"Also, I thought you weren't gay." Evan smirked.

"I guess I lie a lot." I shrugged.

"Oh shit we got to go to class." Evan cursed as he looked down at his watch.

"No one wears watches anymore." I laughed.

"Shut up, weird ruler kid." He laughed.

"Weird ruler kid? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.