Ben

"Sorry." We said at the same time. I dropped my water bottle.

"I thought we weren't allowed to have those in class anymore?" The kid I ran into asked. A couple of years ago the school board made a rule that we weren't allowed to have drinks in class. Mostly because they could be a distraction and can spill on things. Well, and the people that disguised their water with alcohol. I'm th only exception..

"We aren't. Ben here is a privileged prick and so the teachers never stop him. He thinks he's so much better than the rest of us." The dreaded voice of Bryan said.

"Yeah. I'm so privileged. Bow before me." I said sarcastically.

"Fucking bitch." Bryan said after punching the back of my head. He walked away.

"You ok?" The kid I ran into asked.

"I'm fine." I muttered before walking away.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

[{New Message} Nate:] hru? i woke up late so didnt have time 2 text u

I smiled. Nate is my boyfriend. Yes, I'm gay. Of course, you already knew that. Why else would I have my own chapter? The book's title literally has the word gay in it twice. Anyways, Nate lives in the next town over.

[Me:] Im good. Arent you in class right now? ...you shouldnt be texting me.

[Nate:] Yeah im in spanish rn. Id risk a detention for you tho ;)

[Me:] Lunch bell is bout to ring talk to you then <3

[Nate:] cant wait <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang and I walked to the dreaded lunchroom.

"Hey." I voice said behind me. I turned around and saw the guy that I ran into earlier.

"Hi?" I questioned. The only person that ever really talked to me was Bryan and that was when he's making fun of me or beating me.

"Don't be scared. Just wanted to make sure your head was alright." He laughed.

"Yeah. It's fine." I smiled.

"Wanna sit with me at lunch?" He asked.

"Uh, sure I guess." I was shocked. Why was this happening?

"Cool, we're sitting with a couple of my friends." He told me. I nodded. We went to the far end of the cafeteria and sat by a girl with long, straight blond hair.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"I actually have no clue." The guy laughed. I'll just call him Guy I guess.