The Hollows Of Hiraeth: Jameson

Jameson Fahr. The mysterious man in all black.

I can understand completely why he may come across a pedophile in the beginning of the book. But, despite dark clouds in his past, Jameson is an honourable and earnest man.

Jameson was always going to turn out this way when I started this book. I think maybe it was in the name. Jameson as a name is gorgeous and sounds like something you'd find in an old library.

At the start of the book, Jameson begins his journey quiet, mysterious and slightly rude. We of course find out as the book progresses that Jameson is just a victim of a tough past, with him being stolen from his family home to train to be a Guardian, to him losing his best friend and charge/Special One to the darkness.

Like Sky, Jameson has had massive character development, in fact, the entire first book was really about Sky finding out who Jameson was. Sky is often portrayed as a light, and Jameson a shadow, and so it was a common thing in the book for Sky to try to make Jameson laugh, or for her to pry his demons out of him. She was a healer for him, and that's seen across the entire book.

Jameson is silent with his emotions, and so it's no surprise that it takes him a while to confess to Sky that he likes her. This goes hand in hand with the fact that he is also a goody-two-shoes—Jameson loves the law and it would kill him to go against it. In the Academy, it is illegal to be in a relationship with your Special One, and so Jameson can't risk it.

Jameson is never truly described by Sky, but she often talks about his blue eyes, being darker and more spectacular than hers. She is heard of to compare them to the midnight sky. Jameson is quite a bit taller than Sky, with brown hair that is dishevelled perfectly. He is big in build, though not too full of muscles—his strengths more so lie in his speed and how cunning he is. Despite this, Jameson can't always scheme or put two and two together; he simply doesn't ask enough questions.

Jameson was certainly a mission to write in the first book—he had to be the right percentage of boyish, the right percentage of quiet and mysterious, and he also needed to steadily change into a man who loves Sky Forest. Definitely character development.

See you next time,
Thursday, 20th of December 2018
For: Cassie

💫🌟✨