The Hollows Of Hiraeth: Introduction

I started writing this book when I was fifteen. It's quite boring to imagine, actually, but we'll do it anyway.

I mostly wrote after school, standing up in my kitchen as I waited for my tea to brew (I was a very British fifteen year old). I would stand there for ages, rapidly tapping at my phone until I'd reached 1300 words. At times, I'd finish a chapter and make it half way through another. That was at a later stage, though, once I had everything planned out.

I definitely started out slow, the book being merely an idea held captive in my drafts. As if by stroke of luck, a message from destiny, or just because I felt like it, I began writing the book, stemming off the idea that I had already drafted. I guess I was inspired by Vampire Academy at first, a favourite series of mine, but I'd always wanted to experiment with one of those cheesy love stories, where the girl is terrified and the boy protects her. I know, sexist, but at least I've learnt my lesson now. Cue Alexi Abbot.

Looking back now, the first book definitely took the longest to write. Despite it being my most unplanned of the series, just pure thoughts dripping out from my mind whenever they pleased, it definitely seemed to pick up a pace at points. The ending was the hardest for me, as evident by how long it is. It's only a few chapters out from the rest, but still so long, and so out of control.

It's not too bad, but definitely has plot holes.

This book was the foundations of the series, nothing too special, yet not a book to be kicked under your bed. In this book, we fell in love with Sky and Jameson, their natural and beautiful relationship so pure and real. We fell in love with them individually too, and with Sky's friends. We laughed along, yet stared wide-eyed at the screen, only to scroll and see that it's the end of the chapter. Two more days and you get to find out who they are, two more days and you get to find out if Sky survives.

I think we're still asking the same questions.

As my fifteen year old self, I definitely had fun writing this, and I'd like to thank that version of me, the book, and my friends and readers who stayed, for this growing series. The first book did it all.

The first book decided the cover scheme, the title, the characters, the theme, the tone and the audience.

The foundations, the heart, the main electrics—The Hollows Of Hiraeth, here's your dedication.

________________________________

Hi !! 😭😭

do y'all like this idea??

idk I've always wanted to do it

returning 13/12/18, two years and four months since the start of the series.

love ya

🌙🌟💫✨