1

I sniffled, watching as my boyfriend's coffin was lowered down into the dark soil grave. I had distanced myself from everyone besides his mother, whom was clinging onto me for dear life.

"May Alpha Sawyer rest in peace," the priest concluded, and one last hot tear slid down my cheek.

As I took in the huge amount of mourning people from Sawyer's pack here, around his grave, I couldn't help but feel disgust towards Alpha Damian. How he would so ruthlessly kill a beloved Alpha, hurting hundreds and hundreds of us.

My father, the current Alpha of the Shadows, a pack which I had been born into and was a part of, had warned me countless times of the brutal wrath that came with the Fallen Angel's pack, led by Alpha Damian.

The Fallen Angels pack, named after the regular consideration of them being hellish and more like devils and demons, rather than werewolves, had always had an extremely unstable past with other packs. They were unbeatable though, with expertly trained fighters and - as much as I hate to admit it - a ruthlessly intelligent alpha.

There was constant bickering between us, as well as with other packs and the Fallen Angels, and sometimes even talk of war.

Now, they had killed my boyfriend, Alpha Sawyer, the alpha of the Apparition's pack, over some insignificant detail that I didn't even want to care about. Something about rising tensions over their adjacent territories.

"Sam, I think I'm just going to head home, I feel a little sick," I told my boyfriend's - now ex's - mother, as we took a few steps back from the open grave.

I knew there was coffee after at their pack house, but all I wanted was to get home and hide away in my bed. A tedious and uncertain feeling was growing in my lower stomach, and I needed to get away.

"That's alright, Sofia. I know your father's busy... but we need to figure out something. What to do with Alpha Damian... he's getting out of control..." I could see the tears forming in her gorgeous blue eyes, so I quickly wrapped my arms around her in a comforting hug.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow and visit you in the evening".

I said goodbye to her, and a few other acquaintances I had here, before leaving the graveyard. I made my way to the side of the road in front of the church, where a black car was waiting for me.

I made my way over to it, still feeling rather empty inside at the realisation of my boyfriend being dead.

No more game nights with just the two of us playing Scrabble, or the great hot chocolate he made with so much extra whipped cream my nose was always left with stains of it. He always made sure to clean it, resulting in quite steamy activities.

I even missed the stupid way he'd tease me about how him and I weren't really mates, but still loved each other to the ends of the earth.

I didn't even realise I was crying again before I got into the black car, seating myself down in the back seats, and freezing as an almost intoxicating scent and feeling overwhelmed me.

My head darted up and suddenly I wasn't crying anymore. My whole body felt tingly and alive, and a strange pull caused me to narrow my eyes at the driver who was starting the car.

"Who are you? Where's Pablo?" I questioned, sounding almost breathless. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, and my inner wolf submitting completely with a small and needy whine.

The dark haired man sitting in the front seat slowly turned to glance back at me. I felt almost hypnotised by his dark green eyes, but quickly shook myself out of it.

He took my breath away. Chiselled features forming into an incredibly attractive and cocky smirk, as the realisation of all these sudden feelings sank into me.