🌸Happy Val(idate)entine's Day🌸

"Happy Valentine's Day everyone," Iruka Sensei spoke to the group of young men and woman

"Happy Valentine's Day everyone," Iruka Sensei spoke to the group of young men and woman. Sasuke couldn't care less about everyone else, other than the girl at the front of the class.

Ino Yamanaka, a stylish girl with sense of wit and passion; he'd appreciated her since primary school. Now both students of the district's highschool, he still held gentle feelings for the girl. And now; Valentine's Day. It wasn't just a "nice" card that his small crush would receive, but an invitation to desserts and a walk in the park.

Leaving the note at her desk and waiting for the blonde to sit at her desk, he cautiously settled into his seat as she entered the room laughing along with her best friend, TenTen. Watching with tension and ropes raveling in his stomach, he observed her opening the note before briefly tossing it into her bag. What that meant? Sasuke wasn't' sure.

Heading towards his locker, he unlocked it to a letter that spilled from it's spot. Picking it up, "Ino" in rather fancy penmanship was inscribed across its front face. Heart lifting with excitement, he opened it up to what must've been the most anticipated thing he'd ever read.

"Hey Uchiha, I read your note~ First of all, I'm gonna say no to your date; sorry! Second, if you want to ask someone out, try doing it in person."

That was it. Not dears or sincerely's, no hellos or goodbyes; just that. Blinking before breathing what he had just read so his mind had time to process it, he stood in utter disappointment and shock. Beforehand, he and Ino appeared to be on friendly terms; apparently that seemed to be one sided.

Biting his lip and slipping the envelope into his pocket, crumpled and smushed, he continued with his day.

-
Resting his legs on the bench he imagined the nonexistent date taking place, the Uchiha gazed at the clouds that lazily swept by.

"Hey, are you alright?" His pupils traced the ground to a pair of cute beige shoes and fluffy pastel pink and white socks, that shamelessly exposed themselves. Next thing he knew, the person attached to those wild socks took a seat beside him without another word being said.

Finally turning his head all the way, the image captured was quite the sight. A girl wearing a loose pink tank top and sequence speckled shorts, a vibrant cherry bow in her bobbed hair, and several dorky cute accessories upon her wrists and neck sat next to him. "Who the hell are you?"

The girl's brightening smile faltered for a moment. "I'm Haruno Sakura, I've been in class with you for the past... 5 years." Attempting to picture the girl with hair down, a female school uniform, and a handful less of charms, he recalled the young woman as who she said. "Oh yeah." Oh yeah? I'm right there for all these years and you say 'oh yeah'?!

"Anyways, what's up? You seem depressed, as usual. Did Ino reject you?" Lighting up with a new tint of about the same pink as her top, Sasuke yanked his head away. "No," he bluntly replied.

"Oh yeah, then where's the lady now, getting you a drink?" Sakura said with a suggesting, amusing tone. Darting his pupils down, he muttered what Sakura could only make out as "shut up."

"Listen up you idiot," the girl took out a wide headed lollipop and unraveled it's tie. Her tone suggested a witty, sharpness he'd never heard or seen.

The girl he once saw as just another student with wild pink hair now sat beside him with even more crazy—only it seemed like the good kind.

"I've got three things to tell you! One, it's obvious you like Ino. It's the way you've always looked at her, like sparkles in your eye as if you're a little kid! Two," She braced the head of the sweet in her teeth, cracking a piece and munching on it with a distinct sound.

"I can't believe don't see that Ino's a pig. She doesn't care about anyone else but herself, take it from me. And she especially doesn't worry about becoming a part of your life." Swallowing the bits, she turned to the young man with a sweep of her hair and a not so subtle point of a finger

"Three, you're too cute to be sad on Valentine's Day! So, I purpose a deal," keeping quiet until now, Sasuke wasn't sure to take that as an insult or compliment. Having not yet received a reply, she continued, "With one condition; you stay clear of Ino from now on- I don't want you getting hurt."

Second, if you want to ask someone out, try doing it in person. Little did he know, the Haruno hard tucked away a small letter behind her back.

"I'm always going to the movies alone. So, Sasuke Uchiha, would you do me the honor of making me not look like a lonesome loner;

And come with me?"