The Impromptu Date

"Can I get you another refill of water or maybe a glass of wine ma'am?" the waitress asked as she approached your table.

You smiled, "A glass of wine will be fine."

"Are you ready to order?" she asked, noticing that you were done with the menu.

"I am actually waiting on someone so it will be just a few more minutes."

"No problem." She said as she nodded her head.

'Fifteen minutes.' You thought, checking the time on your phone, double checking that you hadn't missed a text or a phone call from your boyfriend of three months. You had both agreed to meet at the restaurant because he would be leaving the office late and it was a twenty-minute drive to your place.

Your week had gone from bad to worse, nothing had gone as planned. You would much rather be sitting at home in your sweats with a large container of ice cream, and marathoning your favorite show on Netflix. However, Michael your boyfriend asked you out to dinner, so you plastered on a fake smile and agreed. You had even went as far as to fix your hair and wear something nice, though you doubt Michael would notice, he was too wrapped up on his self-image and being an utter douche to compliment you. The only reason you were still dating him was because he could be a listening ear when needed.

You had zoned out, staring out the window that looked out towards the street, completely unaware of the amount of time that had passed, until you checked your phone again, 'Thirty minutes and still nothing.'

"Ma'am would you like to order now?" she asked giving you a sympathetic smile.

You nodded you head and ran your tongue along the inside of your cheek.

"Actually, I would like to pay for my wine and go. I'm sorry for any inconvenience I have caused you."

"No worries Ma'am but your check is on the house, and whoever he is, I hope you dump his sorry ass, maybe then he will realize what he's missing out on."

You nodded appreciatively, grabbing your purse from the back of your chair when you heard footsteps quickly approaching.

"I'm so sorry i'm late babe, there was a wreck on the freeway and then that wreck caused another wreck and traffic was just a mess, I promise I'll make it up to you." The man said loudly before he stepped closer to you. "Hi, I'm Sebastian. I've been sitting across the street at the coffee shop and noticed you sitting here alone, waiting on someone for almost an hour, just go with it, ok? Whoever didn't show up is a dick and doesn't deserve a beautiful woman like you."

You nodded your head, reluctant but you ended up agreeing "Thank You.". Sebastian, looked vaguely familiar, but you couldn't put your finger on where you know him from. He placed a hand on your shoulder, turning you back around toward the table you had just left, pulling out a chair for you, before walking around and taking a seat across from you.

You eyed him as he sat, he was dressed casually, his hair was cut at a short length and he was dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a dark blue Henley shirt.

"So you know my name, what's yours?"

"[Y/N]." you told him

"[Y/N]." he said, letting your name roll off his lips.

The waitress from earlier appeared, smiling as she took both your orders and went back to the kitchen.

"So, [Y/N] why are you hear by yourself on a Friday night, shouldn't you be out with friends or something?"

You took a second to think "I was stood up by my now soon to be ex-boyfriend."

"I'm sorry." He grimaced, giving you an apologetic look.