5. Between Brothers

When Lynn woke, her neck and body was stiff and sore.

Blinking, she quickly sat up. Her body swayed in time with the wooden swing. She was on her front porch; the cool night air showed puffs of her breathe as she rubbed her neck. She recalled the ball, the fake engagement, the confusing conversation and then her neck being snapped.

"That's two times in a single damn day." Lynn was angry.

Sure getting your neck snapped was nothing to a vampire, didn't mean it was a walk in the park. Mystic Falls was a far cry from the sleepy little town she was born in. Part of her wished she'd stayed in Maine that was a whole state of crazy she was use to and could easily handle.

This was a town of crazy she wanted no part of. The problem was, if she left there was no telling what would happen to Caroline or her friends. After meeting Finn, she realized that he was defiantly the one who kidnapped her.

The question now was, why and did Kol really not realize it was his elder brother? And what was with the engagement and lie she gave about doppelganger blood and talking with Elena?

If Lynn had been killed by her own flesh and blood, no amount of time could pass that she didn't carry the scar. Esther seemed like the type to not let it go either. She had a thousand years to plan her revenge and Lynn wasn't stupid like everyone else seemed to be and think she really forgave Klaus.

"Well, if it isn't future Mrs. Mikaelson." Caroline's snide and cold voice sounded from the porch just in front of the door. She was giving Lynn her usual pouty and angry face. An expression only Caroline Forbes could pull off.

"You want got anything else you want get off your chest?" Lynn stood from the porch swing, knowing full well Caroline was only getting started. If she could get her cousin to get out then and there she could tell her the truth.

"Don't give me that tone." Caroline snapped, unlocking the door and stomping inside before spinning around and glaring at Lynn.

"I thought you came back for me. My cousin, my sister, finally coming home because maybe, just maybe she heard about the trouble I was going through so she came home." Caroline licked her lips and let out a bitter laugh.

"But no. I find out that you're a vampire and have been, the same day my dad dies. Then, the next day, the day of the funeral you spend gone and then I find out why." She scoffed, her eyes filling with angry tears.

"You're engaged. How or when that happened I don't know and I don't care. But it's clear where you stand." Caroline slammed the door in Lynn's face.

"Nice talk Car-Bear." Lynn twisted the door knob only to find her cousin had locked it. Resting her forehead against the cool glass she spoke, knowing her cousin was on the other side, listening.

"My mom was going to pick up pizza the night she died. I got a text saying her car broke down and if I could drive mine to pick her up. I don't know but I crashed. Klaus was there and pulled me out, he saved my life."

Lynn could hear the distant screech of tires and metal, the blurred figure in the road, Klaus's voice asking if she wanted to live.

"When I woke up, I was in transition, my mom was dead and I had a voicemail from you. You had left one asking if I could call you back because you missed me, because you needed to hear me because you had gotten into another argument with Aunt Liz."

The door was unlocked and opened. Caroline stood there, tears falling down her face and ruining her makeup.

"Klaus saved my life and helped, in his own way, the first year. The second year he left halfway and we only kept in touch every so often. I've never even met his family until today. This is why we need to talk." Lynn stepped over the threshold as Caroline dried her eyes.