7. In Transition

Lynn Forbes had told herself that she would kick the mansion doors in.

What she wanted and what she did were to vastly different things. Rather kick the doors open, she twisted the handle and silently stepped inside. It was nearing three in the morning but for Lynn and her friends, sleep was hours and even days away.

Abby still hadn't woken up. Bonnie and Caroline were watching her while Aunt Liz worked on the murder case. Lynn had nearly forgotten about the mundane murder but it was a problem her aunt could solve.

The current problem Lynn faced was dealing with the aftermath of Witch Queen's diabolic plan. She had linked her children together only to escape with Finn, who was more than happy to off himself first.

"Where the bloody hell is everyone?" Rebekah's pitched voice reached Lynn before she entered the den.

Lynn passed them, seeing Elijah's somber gaze. As their eyes met, Lynn knew he was leaving. She carried on, where she found Klaus throwing away sketches, watching as the fire burned them to ash.

"I always hate when you get rid of your sketches." Lynn spoke gently, joining him by the fire and stuffing her hands into her jeans pockets.

"It would seem you are the only one who cares." Klaus's tone was bitter as he tossed another sketch of Caroline Forbes into the fire.

"Want to compare the aftermath? See who has it worse." Lynn offered, it was a strange game she came up with to get him to openly talk about how he felt. It was a better solution to him mauling or draining innocent people.

"Elijah, as you've now heard, has left. Kol is in the wind along with Finn and Esther." Klaus replied, his gaze lightening and not with the help of the firelight.

"Abby, Bonnie's mom, was killed and is in transition. I never found out why Esther wanted me." Lynn paused. "You win."

"Ah, I always knew a family abandoning me would win me points somehow." Klaus was bitter. Lynn couldn't blame him.

He had spent so long keeping his siblings safe, sure daggering them wasn't right but it was the only way to protect them. He never asked to be a monster and he never asked for his mother to kill all of them. The sound of heels clicking against wood alerted them to the fact that, despite everything, Rebekah had remained as well.

"I hated you when I learned you killed our mother."

Rebekah spoke loudly, drawing their gazes to her. "But I realize now that after a thousand years together as a family, you're the only one who never left me." Her blue gaze focused on Klaus. Her tone was vulnerable and Lynn felt bad.

"Well, aren't we a pair." Klaus stated, throwing the rest of the sketches into the fire before gesturing to Lynn. "She's included, as well. Always and Forever."

"I did always want a little sister." Rebekah nodded, moving forward as she pulled her phone from her pocket. "The question is can we trust her?"

"I think it's a mutual question." Lynn rebutted, earning a roll of the eyes from her newly found sister and a smirk from Klaus.

"I don't like the fact that you manipulate people and kill them for sport or spite, whatever you rationalize it with. But I know that living forever is bound to harden you so, I'm willing to stick around and see how this moment softens you."

"That's very poetic and slightly creepy." Rebekah waved her phone in the air. Lynn shrugged, she was honest at least.

"There's something I need you to see, both of you." Rebekah pulled up a video of her phone and turned it to Klaus and Lynn.