9. Denver

Rosen Motel could burn to the ground and Lynn wouldn't bat an eye. 

It might've been the cheapest motel around but it wasn't one she was pleased with. If she had thought more on the matter she would have opted to sleep in the car. Which, given the fact that it was a lambo, would've been just as comfortable as the spring loaded mattress she sat on.

There wasn't even a desk or desk chair she could sit on. The only thing the cheap and murdereque motel offered was a queen sized murder bed, a bathroom that also had a microwave on the counter and a mini fridge that was glowering from the corner. Rosen Motel in Denver could be blown off from the face of the earth and Lynn wouldn't care.

Pressing the palms of her hands to her eyes she saw an explosion of stars and colorful dots behind closed eyes. She was irritable, to put it mildly. She had drove for twenty-two hours, only stopping to get more gas and down coffee to keep from crashing. If she wrecked Klaus's car she'd never hear the end of it.

It wouldn't even be about her safety so much as it would be about him being smug and telling her she was a horrible driver and this was why she never had a car of her own. To live that for eternity would be enough to send her into a drunken stupor for a good century or two.

In regards to her arrival in Denver she had no clue why she was here. After getting the room she had plugged her phone up to let it charge. Even now the phone was taking its sweet time to come back to life. Once it was functioning again, she intended on checking the missed calls she no doubt had from back home and sending a text to the mystery number.

With any luck they'd be more willing to talk and she could get to the bottom of this small mess she's fallen into. Standing Lynn grabbed her jacket and tugged it back on. She hadn't bothered taking her shoes off, she'd sleep in them just to avoid the questionable carpet.

Stepping out of the room, Lynn stepped head first into a chest. The scent of cinnamon filled her senses as she heard a heartbeat she could, for better or worse, pick out of a large crowd. Warm hands reached up and gripped her arms as she stumbled back, nearly falling back into her room seeing as she failed to pull the door closed. 

Blinking away her burst of embarrassment, clear green eyes met dark brown eyes. A smirk played at his lips and Lynn scowled.

"Lynnie." Kol's warm voice washed over her. "And here I thought the angels would ignore my prayer."

Lynn failed to cease the scoff that left her lips. "That is the lamest thing I've ever heard." She wiggled her arms, ridding his grip from her as she tightened her grip on her keys.

"It made your heart pick up." Kol taunted as he rested his shoulder against the doorframe. "So if the angels didn't bring you here, what did?"

"You?" Lynn questioned, her eyebrows furrowed together in thought. She pinched the bridge of her nose at his questioning look.

"I got a text from a random number telling me to come to Denver."

"And you thought it was me? Despite my leaving you a letter telling you it'd be some time before I saw you again." Kol gave her an odd look.

"Were you hoping it was me or are you now worried that it wasn't."

"Worried." Lynn was quick to reply, turning and heading to the bed where her phone rested.

The screen flashed, further pushing the thought of food into the corner of her mind. The sound of the door clicking closed prompted her to glance upward.

 Kol was scowling at the dingy motel room she was staying in. He didn't touch anything, rather kept his hands to himself and stood in the center of the room, now peering at her.