10. Blast From The Past

"You have purple hair." Lynn blurted, though what she really wanted to say was how he got her new number and what in the hell was he doing texting her.

"Really?" Arden's mismatched gaze burned with humor. "Not why are you here?"

Lynn clicked her tongue. "That was next. I was just shocked to see you dyed your hair purple."

"Lynnie,-"

"It's Lynn." Lynn snapped, cutting off his words as her gaze swept the parking lot.

"Where's what's her name? Jules? Jen? J-whatever." Her tone was bitter. Of all the suspects, Arden Gray was the last name on her list to ever text her. Then again, it wasn't impossible seeing as he was a witch.

"Jane. Close enough with the other guesses. And we broke up, not that you care." His gaze remained fixated on her. "You look good, Lynn. Getting plenty of sleep? Blood?"

Lynn's gaze returned to his. "Don't act like you care."

"I cared enough to drive from Maine all the way here." Arden pointed out. "Before you start demanding answers, no I didn't get you here to confess to you, again might I add."

"Was this confession before or after you tried to kill me?" Lynn inquired, tilting her head for a second before snapping her fingers.

"You know, it's all coming back to me. It was after you tried to kill me because you tried to say it was all an act."

"It was an act." Arden's joy drained and he stood straight. Lynn matched his stance, not letting him intimidate her, not anymore and not ever again.

"I never wanted to hurt you but you refused to leave Castine alone. And look what happened."

"Don't you dare bring up what happened in Castine." Lynn growled, her anger spiking as rationalization flew from the proverbial window.

She lunged forward, pressing her forearm against his neck and applying just enough pressure to cause him to gasp loudly. Before she could crush his windpipe, killing him, pain rushed through her veins and she was sent flying backward.

Her back landed against the driver's side door, shattering the glass and denting it as she slumped to the ground. Blood trickled from her nose as she clutched her head. A pained scream left her lips as the pain ceased. She was left panting, her chest rising and falling unsteadily as her anger only grew.

"Lynn, please." Arden pleaded. "I can't stand hurting you, even if you don't want to believe me."

Lynn coughed and wiped the blood from her nose. "You say that but somehow I'm the one always on the ground, bleeding." She hissed, pushing herself up and glaring darkly at him. If only looks could actually kill.

Arden sighed and shook his head. "You have my number now, call me when you're done being angry."

He spoke in a somber tone, as if she was the one acting childish. He turned and walked around his car, opening the driver's side door he peered at her for a moment.

"You might as well tell me now, because I'll never stop being angry at you." Lynn snapped, the urge to tear his head from his body washing over her. She forced herself to remain still, she didn't want to screw up Klaus's car any more than she already had.

Arden regarded her for a moment. "Get some rest, Lynnie. I'll text you tomorrow." He climbed into his car and drove off, leaving an incredibly pissed off Forbes woman in his wake.

"Damn it." Lynn muttered, raking her fingers through her hair.

"Damn it!" She punched thin air, wishing more than anything Arden's face was in the empty air. She'd feel slightly better if she could hear the satisfying crunch of the bones in his nose shattering.