19. Feeling Epic (Sucks)

"Elena!" 

Esther's voice echoed around the empty parking lot. Lynn stood at her side, watching as Elena and Jeremy peering in horror at them. Lynn caught Jeremy's eye and offered a timid smile. She lifted a peace a sign in greeting and saw the haunting look that filled his expression.

"If you wish to help your friend Alaric, I suggest you come with myself and Lynn." Esther spoke formally, watching the betrayed expression flit across Elena's eyes.

"Jeremy go inside and get Stefan and Damon." Elena ordered turning and pushing Jeremy back toward the school. "Now!" She shouted, turning looking at Lynn.

"She's not going to hurt you." Lynn assured her, though the disbelief in Elena's gaze let her know just how little she trusted her.

"Lynn is correct, I mean you no harm." Esther interjected. "But willingly or not you will come." 

Her promise was what had Elena moving forward, Lynn gripped Elena's hand, squeezing it as if by some miracle this would convey how sorry she was. 

The three women cut through the woods, doubling back to the old cemetery as only the sounds of the forest followed them. Esther guided them, keeping silent but glancing back to make certain they were there.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena shivered, finding herself tightly squeezing Lynn's hand. "I thought we could trust you. I thought I could trust you."

"You can trust that I will always do the right thing." Lynn promised. "No matter the cost or who I piss off."

Her gaze flickered to Elena's confused expression. They lapsed into silence. Lynn could only hope Jeremy told Klaus and called Kol. With luck Stefan and Damon would be there to save Elena and Klaus would find Rebekah and get the hell out of Mystic Falls. 

If Lynn really wanted to pray, Caroline would go with Klaus and Jeremy would go back to Kol. It was only when they reached the cemetery, weaving in and around the old and time worn tombstones.

"You'll forgive me for taking you from the dance this evening." Esther glanced back to the girls who, despite all odds, clung to one another.

"That's the burden of being the doppelgänger, I'm afraid. Your blood is a potent binding agent for a witch's spell." Esther paused in the doorway to the old tomb. 

"Of course, Lynn's blood will be required once more as well."

"Again with the blood." Lynn grumbled, releasing Elena's hand. "Just hook me to a bag and I'll fill it full."

"Just please don't hurt Alaric." Elena spouted, watching as Esther opened the gate and stepped inside, Lynn bypassing Alaric who stepped out to greet Elena.

"You're not going to kill her." Lynn stated, moving toward the metal bowl once more and quickly slicing her palm and adding more blood to the bowl. She was beginning to hate this blood magic thing.

"Of course not," Esther commented. "She is human and I do not wish to hurt them, nor do you." They looked to Elena and Alaric who entered the tomb. Lynn noted that Elena joined her side rather than stand near Alaric.

"What are you doing to him?" Elena demanded, her dark eyes glaring at Esther as she stood behind Lynn. "What did you do to Lynn?" Her gaze darted to the blood smeared on Lynn's hand.

"I'm going to remake him." Esther cleaned the dagger. "Lynn has seen the truth of this life and has offered her assistance to make certain mankind flourishes."

"Remake him?" Elena looked to Lynn who shrugged and crossed her arms, her palm now healed and devoid of blood.

"Make him strong, fast, like my children. Indestructible. For one final time I'm going to tap into the dark magic I used a thousand years ago." Esther explained, placing the cloth next to the bowl and turning to peer at Lynn and Elena.