Chapter 1: Meet Amber, the Super Meanie

Layla's POV

"Layla, look." My best friend, Tara, snaps me out of my thoughts. I hate when she does that. I was dreaming about the day I would marry Thomas Swift. He is just so, so... Hot. And he has straight A's! And good grades do matter to me, a lot. Everything about him is perfect.

Once I finally realize that I am going back to la la land, I snap out of it. I take in my surrounding and notice I'm in the cafeteria. I check the clock and see that it is five minutes past when lunch started. I look around and see the same thing as always. Salads for sluts, pizza for normal people, gross hamburgers for the overweight people, and packed lunches for people who realize that cafeteria food is disgusting. I take a look over at Tara and see that she is pointing at someone or something.

But whenever I look over at where her fingers are pointing, I about puke. A super tall seventeen year old boy is walking to a lunch table with a slutty blonde girl glued to his side. Not just any blonde girl. The blonde girl.

She is also known as Amber Williams, the super meanie. We used to be best friends. We would hang out almost everyday, and always enjoy each others company. Even if we were doing something so boring, it would be known as the funniest thing on earth. She use to be awesome! That is until middle school. When we got into middle school she turned into a popular cheerleading slut. She just never talked to me, and then started bullying me.

By the way, I never swear. Its just stupid. Why would people make up words you can't say? But for whatever reason, I am not going to say them.

My eyes just stare at the couple who are all over each other. They have each others tongues practically down each others throats, and hands where hands should not be. Like, people are trying to eat. Get a room. But not only is she acting like a slut, she is dressing like a slut. She wears a tight black mini skirt that makes her butt stick out, a purple crop top that fully exposes her stomach and almost fully expose her breast, and purple heels that are higher than the Empire State Building. Could she get any worse? Knowing her, she probably could.

"What do you think, Layla?" Jasmine, my other best friend questions me, yet I have no idea what they are talking about. I just sit there for a minute while Jasmine and Tara are watching me, waiting for a response.Because I am so stupid, and can't just tell them I wasn't paying attention, I nod my head in agreement. They both look down at me suprised, and I realize that was a big mistake. Actually, worst mistake of my life.

"You think Duncan Nelson is hot?" Both Tara and Jasmine ask me at the same time shocked, like I just said I forgot my homework. For me, that is like killing your dog. And yes, I am an animal lover.

They both think he's hot, but I usually tell them I think he is ugly as crap. But to be honest he is pretty hot. Like very hot. He always has his brown messy hair that makes him unbelievably attractive. You can also see his eight-pack through his shirt, and he always towers above every girl in our school which makes me feel short even though I'm super tall. But the best part about his looks is his eyes. Beautiful emerald gems.

Shut up, Layla! His personality is what makes him terrible. He freaking has gotten arrested more than once!

"What? No! Why would you even think that?" I shriek and I'm pretty sure people had started looking over at me because I am so loud. My face heats up because I'm pretty much the center of attention right now. And I hate being the center of attention. How can some people love it? Really loudly Jasmine says something so loudly. I will get my revenge.

"Well you said you really liked Duncan, even though he is dating Amber." Why would she do that. Everybody in the whole lunchroom was staring right at me. My face could never turn any redder.