Chapter 9: You really need to stop getting into fights.

Layla's POV

"Your so dead." I hear a some-what fimiliar voice. I'm too tired to talk right now, so I roll the the other side of my bed and try to fall back asleep. I drift off and then that stupid voice whispers again.

"Layla, you. Are. Dead." The voice repeats and I just ignore it. I bet I have another whole hour left of sleep, so why is someone bothering me?

All of a sudden I feel my soft blankets get ripped off of me. This makes me curl into a ball for warmth.

"Go away.." I mumble as I bury my face into my pillow. My tootsie roll pillow to be exact.

As I try to fall back asleep water is spilled all over me. I jump up off my bed and scream. That was freezing!

Who the heck can't wait till morning to bother me?! I didn't do anything wrong!

I pull a blonde strand of wet hair behind my ear to see who the jerk was.

Wait a minute...

"Duncan? How did you get in here? Why are you in here? Why did you do that? What is going on?!" I shout and Duncan just starts to laugh. I cross my arms over my chest, annoyed that he is laughing at me.

"You left your window unlocked." He says as he hands me the towel I had laid out for myself. Yes, I lay a towel out for when I wake up. I am too lazy to go downstairs and get a towel for my shower, so I do it at night.

"Well why would you sneak in here?" I ask as I wrap the towel around myself.

"To get my revenge." He says and then it clicks.

Marisa and I TPed Ryan's house. He must have gotten mad. Real mad.

"What time even is it?" I ask as I yawn. I dry my hair out while I wait for his response.

"Two." Hmmm... Its two. Wait, it two!

"Two! We are missing school!" I scream as I pull open my dresser drawer. I dig through it looking for something to wear.

"Two in the morning." He says and I freeze. I hate him so much right now.

"Get out." I demand as I grit my teeth.

"Why?"

"BECAUSE I SAID GET OUT!" I scream and he puts his hands up in surrender. He starts to climb out my window and then jumps out of it. He lands on a branch of the apple tree in my backyard. I watch as he climbs down it and leaves my house.

Jerk.

~

"LAYS!" I hear Tara scream in terror as I am walking down the hallway of my school.

After Duncan left my house I went back to sleep until I had to wake up for school. I did my everyday morning routine, and then came to this prison. Also know as school.

I turn around unsure what to think. Tara? Screaming? In school? there has got to be a good reason.

I see her squiriming while trying to get out of Jason's hold. Jason is her boyfriend. He is a total pervert and I don't know what she sees in him. I look at his face and see his big smirk.

"HELP!" She she squeals and I get angry. Nobody, and I mean nobody is mean to my little Tara. Nobody.

I run over to the two of them and start pulling on Jason's arm. For a guy who doesn't look that strong, he sure is strong.

"Let her go!" I shout as I keep tugging on his arm. He chuckles and keeps ahold of Tara.

"Nah, this is too much fun." He says as another smirk makes a way onto his face. Suddenly he lets one of his arms push me away, while still holding Tara. I stumble back and then trip over my shoelace. I fly backwards and hit the hard cold ground. I try to breathe, but I can't for at least ten seconds. That knocked the wind out of me. I look up and see that Tara and Jason are gone.