Chapter 3: Fight Me

Layla's POV

I open my eyes and see I am in a small space. The ground is freezing, and a little bit wet. Okay, that's just gross.

I am currently waking up in a bathroom stall. I must have ran in here and cried because...Jasmine is with freaking Thomas Swift! My dream boy!

I replay the moment of where I saw his face. There is no way I am going to forgive Jasmine. This is the second time she did something wrong. So wrong I feel like strangling her. But I would never, because I could go to jail again and... You get the point.

I get up and dust off all the gross crap that is on me. Why did i have to fall asleep? I wonder what time it is.

I open the stall door and cautiously leave the bathroom. Jasmine could be anywhere.

"Hey." A low and some-what familiar voice says. I turn around, and see Duncan. He is leaning against the wall, with his right hand in his front pocket. Man, he sure looks-

No, no, no. Stop it.

"H-hey." I return his greeting with a forced friendly smile, and a wave of my hand.

Why do I stutter so much? It's so annoying!

"Damn. Look at those legs." He says and his green eyes scan my legs. That are a little tan, and are pretty long. Whats so good about them?

"Pervert." I hiss and I see the amusement in his eyes. He lets out a little chuckle, and then gets serious again.

"Jasmine is in the lib-"

"I don't care! I am never talking to Jasmine again! She can't come up with some lame excuse. Not this time!" I scream at the top of my lungs to Duncan. He doesn't understand. I spent a lot of my life drooling over Thomas. He is just, so perfect for me! And I am like in love with him. Everything he does is cute, and every look he gives is adorable. All i want to do is be with him. Forever.

"You know, she told me to find you." He says so seriously. I feel like he wants me to be friends with Jasmine. No. Did she somehow hypnotize Duncan? I am not going to talk to her. Nev-

All of a sudden I am picked up by these strong arms and thrown over a shoulder. Oh great, Duncan's to be exact.

Why does he always do this to me?

"Put me down! You can't just always lift me up, and force me to do things! Let me go!" I yell struggling to get out of his hold. He just laughs and starts walking towards the library. He will pay for this.

He plops me down on a chair, and the first thing I notice is Jasmine across from me and Thomas right beside her. I get up, but I get pushed back down by Duncan.

Why would he help Jasmine?

"Ill give you double the amount I'm paying you if you keep her here the whole time." Jasmine tells Duncan and he quickly nods in excitement. Oh. That's why he helped her. She is paying him.

Wait. She payed him!

"What the heck? You payed him? you could have tried to get me yourself! But you actually hire someone to do it for you. That's pretty low. Even for you, Jasmine." I spit out her name with pure disgust. She is taken back and hurt by what I just said.

I mean, yes I am acting a little...Grumpy. But she betrayed me! How is this going to help? I hate her and her stupid blue eyes.

But her eyes are all watery like she is about to cry. I mean we went through a lot and sometimes you just have to-

Stop.

She is the enemy Layla! Dont be fooled by her big blue eyes!

"I'm sorry! He is the only one who could have brought you here without much trouble. I mean you are pretty stubborn." She says and she tries to hold in all her laughter. The watery eyes are no longer watery. What the stuffed animals? Again, I hate swearing.