10.2

First draft

The first thing Dia thought when she crossed the threshold and entered the hi-tech club Reyes booked for the night, was that she was actually glad she dressed that way. Omen, and the mercs Reyes hired---grim and quiet professionals fully covered by their combat armors---stood like sore thumbs.

Actually, even her attire was quite mild compared to many women or men here.

The Dromaton---a mix between the word droid and automaton---was difficult to describe. For sure she couldn't. Dia had never been the clubbing type, and even if she were, she would have nothing to compare with this chaotic, flashy, and beautiful nightmare.

The walls were white, most of the furniture silver and made of metal, and yet the place was bursting with color. Mostly it was because of the guests' clothes---strange shirts and pants, iridescent dresses made of unique materials that reflected the strobe lights---that made the place so unique. They were bizarre but cheerful and almost diverted her attention from the metal limbs, the bionic hands and legs beneath the guests' clothes, or the naked men and woman dancing on the cages hanging on the ceiling. Almost.

Dia and Omen had just enough time to exchange a glance when the guests noticed her. Dia searched for Suzanne, panicking a bit as she remembered she had to be someone else for the night. Luckily Suzanne wasn't far. Dia was delighted to see she was even less clothed than her, her dress no more than a black bikini connected by a string in the middle. But above all, she felt some kind of dark satisfaction seeing that black leather collar on her neck.

When their gazes met, they linked their arms and did their best to smile. What followed was a long procession as most of the guests crowded around her to pay their respects. They were all trying to gain her favor, praising her and Karniek or even offering their services like vassals of the old world, when minor nobles tried to curry favor with the king. It was awkward, tiring and...exhilarating to have all those people trying to get her attention.

Besides, other than the strange clothes and the location, those people seemed oddly normal, even a bit avant-garde. Dia realized that when she met a couple of women who led their own gangs, something it could never happen in the empire, still tied to the patriarchal system.

In all this, Suzanne played her part perfectly, stroking Dia's arm from time to time or even pouting like she was throwing a tantrum when Dia didn't give her the right amount of affection. Dia almost puked when Suzanne called her "Mistress", battling her big chocolate eyes, her voice all sugar and honey like she was her spoiled pet.

When Dia kept ignoring her, Suzanne grew bold. She went behind her, leaning forward with her head on her back like she was hugging her, but then she started stroking her, first her stomach and then down to her thigs. 

"Stop it" Dia hissed to her.

"Why? You always liked this." Suzanne said out loud, a confused look on her face like she didn't know what was going on.

"Play along, mistress." She whispered in her ear, before kissing her neck. "Unless you want to blow our cover, of course." And she playful bit her earlobe.

Dia backed away, scowling at her when she understood Suzanne was doing this on purpose, maybe intending to blow their cover. However, if that was her intention, she failed. Unwittingly Suzanne's actions had the opposite effect. Gradually, the guests walked away, leaving the two lovers alone.

"What that hell are you thinking?" Dia half-growled, but Suzanne rolled her eyes.

"I was just playing my role, mistress." She said and even had the gall to smile at her.